Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 12:39 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,827,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I take my comforters to a laundromat on Newton Road in North Raleigh. Off Six Forks Road. About 10 min. from Brier Creek.
Laundry Express
You can do it yourself or there is a lady there that will do it for you, at an extra charge.
Very clean place.
Thanks, I'd seen this on the map but hadn't realized it wasn't that far away.

Their advertising doesn't say if it has a spinner. Do you remember?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 02:20 PM

5,343 posts, read 3,214,825 times
The phone number is in the link provided. You probably spent more time typing the question than it would have taken to call.

Alternatively I'd assume you could just run a washer on spin. But that might take a call too.

Looks like you're stuck.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:28 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
Thank you for policing the forums for repeat questions.
It's comforting that you think my situation or the locations and availability of this service hasn't changed in the last 4+ years.
Actually, in the 11 years since I've moved to Brier Creek, I've asked this every few years because I'm currently driving about 20 minutes to a Laundromat that has all I want, but it's really far away. I was hoping I'd missed one opening up (or cleaning up) that was closer.
Policing? No, just a good memory.

Don't expect a laundromat to open in the Brief Creek area anytime soon. It's a dying business.

The Decline of the American Laundromat

Hangwringing over the demise of the laundymat

Since you have asked the same question several times, I guess its something that you are dissatisfied with. After 11 years, maybe its time for you to look at other living arrangements.

I would be dissatisfied, too. The hassle of lugging laundry, hoarding coins, wasting time sitting around a laundymat, the sanitation issues - No thanks. The fact that there are so few laundrymats in the area shows that I'm not alone.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:22 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:

Sorry, I don't know. I usually leave my comforter with the nice lady at the register.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:33 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Am I the only one who doesn't know what a spinner is?

Old 07-26-2019, 08:50 AM

43,286 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It’s the agitator that beats the bejabbers out of comforters, etc.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:59 PM

748 posts, read 1,376,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Policing? No, just a good memory.

Don't expect a laundromat to open in the Brief Creek area anytime soon. It's a dying business.

The Decline of the American Laundromat

Hangwringing over the demise of the laundymat

Since you have asked the same question several times, I guess its something that you are dissatisfied with. After 11 years, maybe its time for you to look at other living arrangements.

I would be dissatisfied, too. The hassle of lugging laundry, hoarding coins, wasting time sitting around a laundymat, the sanitation issues - No thanks. The fact that there are so few laundrymats in the area shows that I'm not alone.
This post right here had me literally laughing out loud. You remember a post from 4 years ago about a laundry mat?????????? WOW!!! I cant even remember what I ate for my last meal sometimes! LOL

Ive been to a couple of laundrymats in the past couple of years when my washer and/or dryer broke and I dont think they are a dying breed at all! Just what I saw...very very busy!

Old 07-26-2019, 06:48 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
I just found a great laundromat, Spin Laundry Lounge, with super fast and hypoallergenic equipment and a café, but it's in Portland, OR:

https://www.spinlaundrylounge.com/laundromat

The reason this thread caught my eye is that my husband washed/dried a comforter, etc. at a local laundromat last week.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:57 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,129,732 times
Quote:

I'm in Brier Creek area too. When my washer died, the laundry mat off Newton was my go to. It is clean and reasonably priced. There are several varieties of washers and dryers.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:46 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,827,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's a laundry centrifuge, a bit smaller than a 55-gallon drum, used for laundry items that withhold a lot of water after the washer's spin cycle. It has massive springs so an imbalanced load doesn't cause it to fly away.

They're very helpful for towels, blankets, comforters, and pillows that come out of the washer still quite damp. Run then through the spinner first, and you cut down the dryer time by a huge amount.

I lived in Charlotte before here, and had a laundromat just down the road with one. I'd do a full commercial sized washer with all my towels (beach and otherwise), and spin them, and then 25 min on the dryer. When the spinner broke, I'd have to split the towels into 2 dryers and still took extra time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary