Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 07:52 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times

Advertisements

35 Chinese has been in Chapel Hill for decades. It used to be at University Square but has recently moved near the DMV and Staples. Pretty sure it's not the same place. I think 35 is a lucky number in China.

Last edited by poppydog; 03-04-2015 at 08:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 04:02 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times
Just saw that Komo Komo (Korean/French) in Cary closed as of April 9th.

Also, I had no idea that Unaabi Grill (Afgan) closed in Cary. Sad news. Unaabi was a short-lived Moroccan restaurant and will now be a Kabab location.

http://www.kababandgrill1.com/

Old 05-02-2015, 11:35 AM

121 posts, read 159,593 times
Tangerine Cafe in south Cary, they serve Thai, Vietnamese, Korean and Indonesian.

My favorite ethnic food store is Jerusalem Bakery for mediterranean food in Avent Ferry Shopping Center, Raleigh. They serve pita bread hot from the oven, softer, cheaper, and better than Neomonde. Most Middle Eastern ethnicity around it go there for the pita breads and the treats in the bakery.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:13 PM

248 posts, read 494,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Found hair in our food from C&T on two occasions. One time it looked an awful lot like a shorty.
This sounds like the beginning of a Clarence Thomas scandal to me. Where's Anita Hill when we need her?

Old 06-25-2016, 05:20 PM

2,679 posts, read 2,898,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
Himalayan/Nepali place in Cary on E Chatham
Street.
I rode by there today... I really wanna try it out.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:28 PM

117 posts, read 140,476 times
Best casual Thai in the triangle is Pad Thai restaurant in Durham off of Guess Road near Costco.
Pad Thai Restaurant | Order Online | Durham, NC 27705 | Thai

I've been to the other popular ones on the west side of the triangle, and Pad Thai is the best. It's not the world's most curb-appeally building, but look on the bright side, parking is convenient. Order the pad thai, it's incredible.

Old 06-25-2016, 06:22 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
I rode by there today... I really wanna try it out.
They've changed ownership since I posted that. The original owners went back to Nepal after the earthquake. They are back now and re-opened on NE Maynard in the Reedy Creek plaza next to the Ethiopian place! other place on E Chatham
Is no where near as good!

Old 06-26-2016, 06:28 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
They've changed ownership since I posted that. The original owners went back to Nepal after the earthquake. They are back now and re-opened on NE Maynard in the Reedy Creek plaza next to the Ethiopian place! other place on E Chatham
Thank you for this info.

Just to be clear, what is not as good? The original place in Chatham Village, the new place on Reedy Creek, or both?

Old 06-26-2016, 09:25 AM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
Quote:
Do you know when they changed ownership? We ate at the Chatham one several times and really liked it, but I don't know which ownership that was under. When the Reedy Creek one opened walking distance from our house, we gave that one a try and liked it too.

We wondered about the ownership situation...menus were very similar and made us think the two locations might be under the same ownership, but obviously made no sense to have two places that close. Makes a lot more sense if we ate at the two places under the same owners, but not simultaneously.

Old 06-26-2016, 10:30 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Thank you for this info.

Just to be clear, what is not as good? The original place in Chatham Village, the new place on Reedy Creek, or both?
The place on Chatham. It's not bad or anything, just not as good as the original, which the original owners just re-opened at Reedy Creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary