Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 11:57 AM

19 posts, read 29,365 times

Advertisements

I currently have a reservation at Doubletree Crabtree for Sunday for two nights. We are exploring the area for a possible move in the future and wondering if this area is a good central area to stay or is there another suggestion. I don’t know the area so I just picked somewhere near shopping if I have some down time. I’m guessing we will check out the other areas, Chapel Hill, Cary, etc...... we will be coming from NJ and taking i95.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 12:32 PM

204 posts, read 384,069 times
Not a bad place to homebase out of for exploring. Just make sure you really head out to explore. That area by Crabtree is pretty straightforward as a high traffic, busy street, standard shopping area.

You are close to 40, 440, US1, 70 to explore all the areas you want. Don't forget to check out Apex and Holly Springs as well.

Good luck, you will find countless other folks from NJ who did the exact same thing.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the information dp! Yeah NJ is getting too expensive to stay and retire. We have been here long enough. By the time we leave we will have one child just starting college and just another ending. They will be with us when we move so looking for a good area for all of us

Old 08-07-2019, 12:57 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,275,378 times
Moved here from NY and on all our fact-finding trips, we stayed in Crossroads specifically the Hilton Garden Inn. You'll see that wherever you go, it's not the hardship that driving in NJ is. But be warned if you're here on a weekday, check the traffic maps before you go out so you know when it's safe to go west.

Good luck on your trip!

Old 08-07-2019, 01:17 PM

22,671 posts, read 36,810,996 times
That area should be fine. We always stayed at the Embassy Suites in Cary but it's undergoing a massive renovation right now.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:42 PM

204 posts, read 384,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger9708 View Post
Thanks for the information dp! Yeah NJ is getting too expensive to stay and retire. We have been here long enough. By the time we leave we will have one child just starting college and just another ending. They will be with us when we move so looking for a good area for all of us
I have in-laws in Howell, NJ who are in the exact same boat. Good luck again on your search, it is a great place to live.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:18 PM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times
I'm going to suggest looking at the hotels in brier creek. Can't get more central, and plenty of restaurants (sadly, mostly chains) and lots shopping. Convenient to the highways, too.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:59 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Dp38393 I’m familiar with Howell I use to live in the next town over.

Jkgourmet I was just looking at that area and thought that may be better, I’m glad you suggested it. The Hampton inn too looks lovely and nice shopping area close so I think I will try that.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:12 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,829,401 times
Don't pass over this forums Relocation Sticky as it has a lot of tips.

Note that the Triangle has very distinct areas and neighborhoods. Raleigh vs Durham vs Chapel Hill vs Research Triangle Park, various various suburbs. If you're moving here following a job, the you should post where you'll be working and we can give commute advice. If you're moving to retire, that's a very different situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary