Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 12:21 PM

36 posts, read 30,710 times

Advertisements

Good to hear that twingles! I'm already planning a return visit and may slide in there this weekend. Should be quieter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 08:47 AM

269 posts, read 321,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Men on another burger place. We got plenty. In fact, too many.

Wanna see crowds that last beyond the 'something new and shiny phase'? Wanna see an operation that handles the crowds without extensive waiting? Want amazing Italian beef sandwiches and Chicago dogs? (They have a long, varied menu, but I never get beyond the Italian beef. Incredible milk shakes, I've heard.)

Portillo's. Now that Wegmans is here, I'm praying Portillos is next. And I'm not even from Chicago.

Portillo's would be a dream come true. Along with everything you mentioned, their chocolate cake is incredible! (and I'm not a big dessert eater)

Old 09-02-2019, 04:39 AM

812 posts, read 832,341 times
Quote:

Wanna see crowds that last beyond the 'something new and shiny phase'? Wanna see an operation that handles the crowds without extensive waiting? Want amazing Italian beef sandwiches and Chicago dogs? (They have a long, varied menu, but I never get beyond the Italian beef. Incredible milk shakes, I've heard.)

Portillo's. Now that Wegmans is here, I'm praying Portillos is next. And I'm not even from Chicago.
Yes, Portillo's is incredible. Have it, I mean HAVE to have it, every time I go "home" to Chicago. Without it my visit is not complete. Known as a Mecca of meat, they offer up some exceptional salads as well.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:40 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:

2 in LA.
3 in Phoenix.
2 in Tampa.

I assume they're a franchise operation one could invest in and open one?

Old 09-06-2019, 12:22 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
I’m here now, line definitely in the door. At 1:35 when I got here it was basically to the door, there were briefly 3 of us outside but they let us inside right away. Took less than 10 minutes to get to the counter and maybe 5-7 to get food.

Burger was pretty good. Definitely different than most other places. Not saying it was the best I’ve ever had, but worth getting.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:38 PM

281 posts, read 187,700 times
OMG the **FRIES** are the best feature... Plain. Uniquely crispy.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:36 AM

364 posts, read 121,143 times
Extra long lines have died down, so made a trip there yesterday. Bottom line is they have the best burger in the Triangle. It is just really good. Beef is quality, just a little char. Toppings are fresh and sauce if great. I think BurgerFi is close, but falls just a little short.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:44 AM

6,380 posts, read 5,498,068 times
A buddy of mine had convinced me to try it out tonight....will report back.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:16 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,874,930 times
I've been like 4 times now since it's opened, long line isn't a issue any more. My verdict, the burgers- good but definitely better options already available....but the chicken shack? the chicken shack is where it's at. Got it yesterday and I'm going to get it today.
I also like the chicago dog(shackcago), my issue with the burger is that you will still be hungry.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:26 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
I've been like 4 times now since it's opened, long line isn't a issue any more. My verdict, the burgers- good but definitely better options already available....but the chicken shack? the chicken shack is where it's at. Got it yesterday and I'm going to get it today.
I also like the chicago dog(shackcago), my issue with the burger is that you will still be hungry.

That Red Velvet Cake though. (And their fried chicken)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary