Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 07:38 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times

Advertisements

How do we know the driver was speeding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 07:46 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
How do we know the driver was speeding?
I mean clearly it was the pedestrian's fault that THREE people hit him, and two left the scene.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:55 PM

22,670 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toot68 View Post
You are the problem. You are clearly driving too fast. Color of the persons clothing has nothing to do with it.
Of course it does which is why every safety expert in the known universe advises not wearing dark clothing when you walk or run at night. Even within my subdivision i bring a flashlight when i take the dog out after dark so i can be seen. Others in my neighborhood wear reflective clothing. Why do you think bicycles come with relfectors?

I had a claim that was a fatality that happened in a neighborhood with a 25 MPH speed limit. The driver hit a pedestrian and witnesses including the ped's own family said he was going about 20 mph. The ped still hit their head the wrong way and died. Speed isn't always to blame. Just like speed has nothing to do with the 2 cars leaving the scene. That's a failure of morality.

Old 11-09-2019, 05:54 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,052,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Of course it does which is why every safety expert in the known universe advises not wearing dark clothing when you walk or run at night. Even within my subdivision i bring a flashlight when i take the dog out after dark so i can be seen. Others in my neighborhood wear reflective clothing. Why do you think bicycles come with relfectors?

I had a claim that was a fatality that happened in a neighborhood with a 25 MPH speed limit. The driver hit a pedestrian and witnesses including the ped's own family said he was going about 20 mph. The ped still hit their head the wrong way and died. Speed isn't always to blame. Just like speed has nothing to do with the 2 cars leaving the scene. That's a failure of morality.
Oh my God, excellent post. You should be rep'ed about 50 times for this statement. HOW TRUE!!!!!

forumites, pay attention and rep twingles for this one!

Old 11-09-2019, 08:11 AM

2,584 posts, read 1,872,630 times
Well of course, for that and pretty much everything she posts

Old 11-09-2019, 09:46 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I mean clearly it was the pedestrian's fault that THREE people hit him, and two left the scene.
Those drivers hold fault for leaving the scene of the accident, but we have no idea what caused them to hit the victim.

They could have been speeding, but we do not know that as fact at this time.

Maybe we should wait for the Apex P.D. to conduct their investigation before we jump to conclusions...

Old 11-09-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Well of course, for that and pretty much everything she posts
Aww you're too kind.

Old 11-09-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Those drivers hold fault for leaving the scene of the accident, but we have no idea what caused them to hit the victim.

They could have been speeding, but we do not know that as fact at this time.

Maybe we should wait for the Apex P.D. to conduct their investigation before we jump to conclusions...
Think that's a state road so the SHP will likely do the investigation. Although it's Apex cops who do the speed traps? IDK.

Old 11-09-2019, 03:06 PM

4,557 posts, read 3,756,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Baptist View Post
I think 2 things would fix it.

1. More cops to stop the insane driving around here
2. Cops enforcing no texting while driving laws

Exactly! Nothing but fast people on most highways and roads here, tailgating, impatient, switching lanes all the time that make no difference and in addition - people are always holding their phone and looking down. When you're on 440/40/540 next time, take a look.

Old 11-09-2019, 03:52 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,544,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Exactly! Nothing but fast people on most highways and roads here, tailgating, impatient, switching lanes all the time that make no difference and in addition - people are always holding their phone and looking down. When you're on 440/40/540 next time, take a look.

"yes, but the WAZE app on my handheld screen told me to turn left at the last minute..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary