Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 08:27 AM

2 posts, read 3,978 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My name is Charlene Joy Ruiz and I am an incoming freshman for 2008-2009 at UNC Chapel Hill.

My family and I aren't current residents of North Carolina, but we will be moving soon (on June 25, 2008). I will be staying at a dorm on campus, but my family interest an apartment in the Chapel Hill area.

I have traveled to North Carolina before and somewhat know the area, but not the intricacies, such as the ones related to apartment rentals.

We do not have much time left. We want to make this move soon, but have nobody in North Carolina to help us check out the apartments. This is where you come in: I need people to tell me which apartments fit into these categories:

-Location. Location. Location. An apartment in the Chapel Hill, maybe Carrboro, area.
-From $800-$900 a month
-SAFETY. Is it a safe place?
-MANAGEMENT. How is the management? We have read reviews of communities in the Chapel Hill area, and are a bit scared because there seems to be a lack of good management in many apartment complexes.
-PARKING. Parking availability is extremely important, since we have read there are some complexes in which the cars in the parking lot look like sardines in a can.

We also need for you to give us an idea about these items:
-Electricity
-Water and heat
-Gas
-Phone
-Cable & Internet
-Car insurance
-Medical insurance

WE NEED YOUR EXPERTISE ON THE SUBJECT!!! Thank you, future fellow North Carolinians! We appreciate any help you might provide us with. <3

Sincerely,
Charlene Joy & Family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 3,978 times
Does anybody know about these apartment complexes?
Bridges at Chapel Hill
Poplar Place
SunStone
Foxcroft
Carolina Apartments

If anybody knows about these places and how they fit in with the categories I described above, please let me know.

Thank you very very very much!!
Charlene Joy & Fam.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:29 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
You will be paying the outrageous out-of-state rates until you live here 12 months.

Try Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters for reviews of apts.

Health insurance rates may be better through your school. If the rest of your family can't get employer rates, they can try Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina - Your plan for better health, but be prepared for high individual coverage rates.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:04 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,087,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
You will be paying the outrageous out-of-state rates until you live here 12 months.

Try Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters for reviews of apts.

Health insurance rates may be better through your school. If the rest of your family can't get employer rates, they can try Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina - Your plan for better health, but be prepared for high individual coverage rates.
Actually, according to the latest data contained in the Fiske guide to colleges (my son's bible these days) and online research, UNC is one of the best deals around, in-state or out-of-state and in fact, out-of-state tuition is cheaper than just about any private university, just about any other state university's out-of-state tuition and SOME state universitys' IN-STATE tuition!

I second the recommendation for apartment ratings, too. If $$$ is a factor, there are probably parts of Durham that are safe and less expensive and close to the university.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary