Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 08:30 AM

329 posts, read 249,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You seriously cannot believe this stuff. I pray you do not believe this stuff.
If you get bent out of shape over people's ancestral ties from centuries before, why cant I get bent out of shape by the same? Are y'all a privileged class?

In fact, the Italian flag nowadays is the same as was used by Mussolini. That would be Hitlers lapdog.

I think we need to demand all Italian restaurant in Little Italy up North remove the Italian colors and flags from their storefronts. Its racist. Mussolini assisted with Germanys final solution.

If you dont agree with me you're a racist, homophobe, bigot, who deserves to lose your job, friends, social status and business ties. I am tolerant, and peace loving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2019, 08:31 AM

329 posts, read 249,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Oh, I see what you did here. Extreme sarcasm? Is that correct?
Nope, my opinion

Old 12-06-2019, 09:01 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
What's amazing to me is the left tries to preach tolerance and "inclusion". There was nothing wrong with the parade until all of a sudden the left gets upset and starts sending in protesters...that's some "tolerance" lol. And now people are blaming the SoC folks for the cancellation.

Just...amazing.

I'm completely unbiased on the subject but from the outside looking in this looks like a result of SJW northerners moving down in mass who refuse to assimilate.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:06 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,433,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Exactly. And this is what happens when people/government/leadership continue to create an atmosphere of divisiveness rather than letting people feel as if we are one country. Like saying there are "very fine people on both sides."

It will continue to happen.
It's human nature to want to live around people like you. It would be impossible to stop clustering, you're going against evolution at that point.

Kinda like trying to limit sex drive...not happening!

Old 12-06-2019, 09:39 AM

150 posts, read 227,266 times
Was watching the tree lighting the other night and thinking how much longer will we be able to enjoy any Christmas celebration before they all are shut down.

I mean the holiday and traditional songs exclude those not from Christian cultures so I’m thinking it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a thing of the past.

At least thanksgiving will probably survive.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:43 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,127,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
Remember that Charlotte debacle with all the "agitators?" ... yeah, 90 percent of those people were bussed in... and Charlotte couldn't even handle it. SMH
Yup, sure do. An my guess is many of our city leaders remember it also, hence the cancellations. Who knows, Heather Heyer might still be alive today had they canceled the whole ting and revoked the protest permit.

Honestly I see both sides, but you can't go ahead and have kids on the front line for this utter non-sense. If someone were to get a hangnail from this event it would be blamed on the town for "not canceling it since they new the danger". In a litigious society, it's all the town has no choice but to cancel it.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:53 AM

4,159 posts, read 2,841,729 times
Thanksgiving was smart to transition to food and football early on. Because otherwise it’s basically a religious Columbus Day.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:57 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,127,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfkidd View Post
Was watching the tree lighting the other night and thinking how much longer will we be able to enjoy any Christmas celebration before they all are shut down.

I mean the holiday and traditional songs exclude those not from Christian cultures so I’m thinking it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a thing of the past.

At least thanksgiving will probably survive.
I have thought the same thing. Thanksgiving will likely not survive. Since it's apparently a framework of white oppression or some such nonsense. Heck even the American flag and the Eagle are now apparently offensive. Next will be churches and pastors. Sports will be next. Next the color purple is probably not inclusive enough. ......It's. Never. Going. To. End.

It's only a matter of time before we are left with vanilla, stepford wives'ish, singular hand wringing sameness all in the name of tolerance and equality. Oh the irony.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:58 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:
What's amazing to me is the left tries to preach tolerance and "inclusion". There was nothing wrong with the parade until all of a sudden the left gets upset and starts sending in protesters...that's some "tolerance" lol. And now people are blaming the SoC folks for the cancellation.
You should read up on the concept of The Paradox of Tolerance. Its a philosophical concept dating back to WW2 and advanced by Karl Popper with roots/debate dating back even further, to none other than Thomas Jefferson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I'm completely unbiased on the subject but from the outside looking in this looks like a result of SJW northerners moving down in mass who refuse to assimilate.
Just so we're clear. Your opinion is that for a Northerner to truly assimilate here....they must buy in on the CSA legacy/heritage?

If so......wow.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:04 AM

4,159 posts, read 2,841,729 times
Funny story that all this kind of reminds me of. During WW1, Hollywood tried making a Revolutionary War movie. Wilson’s censorship’s office rejected the script over the idea of portraying our allies the British in a bad light. There is a danger in weaponizing history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary