Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 11:33 AM

61 posts, read 165,701 times

Advertisements

I will not be able to make it to this gathering, but would love to to go to the next one...how often are these arranged?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 11:35 AM

35 posts, read 130,591 times
This sounds like it would be a ton of fun - and I like Hibernia too! Will stay parked for info...

Old 04-23-2008, 06:47 PM

140 posts, read 621,393 times
I'm in too

Old 04-23-2008, 07:40 PM

997 posts, read 4,643,911 times
I'm in too (hopefully I can make this one). I want to meet everyone before we have to pack up and move. Yes, that's why I haven't been posting much. Hubby is being relocated to Atl and we've been sooooo busy. As all of you have moved here recently know how time consuming and stressful it can be moving to a new area. We unfortunately sold our house here and will be closing the end of May.

I have to say this is the best city-data forum ever. I've been posting occassionally on the Atlanta boards, and I have to just come right out and say that forum is just flat out boring, IMO.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:32 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,562,426 times
Wow gone for awhile and all this fun starts again. I hope that I can make it that Sunday. I have been swamped on weekends lately, but one good thing it is at 6:00 so thanks for that. I know you will all have a blast it's a great place to mingle. Hope to be there checking my calendar. :-)

Old 04-24-2008, 06:37 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,446,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I just spoke with a most pleasant young lady at the Hibernian.
She said her name is "Carrie." "Cary?" Hmmmm..

Anyway, the Hibernian is open to 2:00AM on Sunday nights.
I told her we would show up at about 6:00PM, and she can figure out what to do with the stragglers when they turn up the lights.
I'll be out of there and snoring at home...

If we have 25 turn out, we can reserve the Party Patio, (http://www.hibernianpub.com/parties.php?id=22&back_act=location&id_location=2& name_location=Cary - broken link)which might be a great idea. Their site says the patio will hold up to 60 for a stand up social gathering.

So, 6:00 PM, on 5/18. Who else is available on such short notice?
You are too funny, Mike Jake Wish. . . this is short notice? Naw, short notice is my calling you on the phone at 5:00 to see if you'd like to join us for dinner at 6:00.

May 18 at 6:00 p.m. at the Hibernian, on the patio, sounds great. There will be two of us, too -- rdslots (reads lots) and Mr. rdslots, although he posts here under his own screen name.

I wish there was some way we might try to guess who the other actually is. Just how well do you know your City Data buddies? After conversing just a bit could we figure one another out? Maybe have a blank name tag, circulate for awhile, and have the other write on our tag who they think we are? The one with the most correct, the rest of us could treat to their meal? or a drink? Or I could pick up some little gag gift -- suitable for *whomever*?

This reminds me a bit of the Pilgrims in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.

Oh, and ditto on yoda jives's apology for any offense taken at my posts. I don't want you to DM, however -- we'll just duke-it-out on Sunday night.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:47 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,754,355 times
Hey count me and my hubby in! We're looking forward to it!!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:47 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,655,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
I wish there was some way we might try to guess who the other actually is. Just how well do you know your City Data buddies? After conversing just a bit could we figure one another out? Maybe have a blank name tag, circulate for awhile, and have the other write on our tag who they think we are? The one with the most correct, the rest of us could treat to their meal? or a drink? Or I could pick up some little gag gift -- suitable for *whomever*?
The minute I start speaking it will be obvious what my username is and where I used to live. The accent is a dead give away.

Quote:
I'm in too (hopefully I can make this one). I want to meet everyone before we have to pack up and move. Yes, that's why I haven't been posting much. Hubby is being relocated to Atl and we've been sooooo busy. As all of you have moved here recently know how time consuming and stressful it can be moving to a new area. We unfortunately sold our house here and will be closing the end of May.

I have to say this is the best city-data forum ever. I've been posting occassionally on the Atlanta boards, and I have to just come right out and say that forum is just flat out boring, IMO.
Sorry to hear that Jill Give Atlanta a chance. I nominate you to liven that forum up

Old 04-26-2008, 05:54 PM

178 posts, read 549,869 times
Default Count us in for 5/18!

We are STILL looking for jobs after relocating here last December from LA. Looking forward to expanding our circle since it's been the two of us and our cat...

Old 04-27-2008, 11:04 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
I'm trying to get a flight now. We've been planning on coming up there in the spring, so this would be a perfect time! Is anyone bringing kids? My son is 14, but he'd be with us. Is the 18th at 6PM the definate date too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary