Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 07:18 PM

281 posts, read 187,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hverto1 View Post
Why would anyone do that nonsense challenge? What is the point first. But in addition, do you know how much harm you cause by scarfing down TWELVE donuts? Ridiculous. It's like making yourself sick when we already have so much disease already. I don't see the point, why not just run up there and back? Maybe one donut it's ok. Sorry Kripy Kreme I know you love this race
wow, bet you're fun at parties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2020, 09:03 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
I did it a few years ago. Just wanted to see if I could. Eating 2400 calories one time won’t hurt a thing. I actually ran back to the finish line faster than I got to the donuts due to the sugar.

Old 02-01-2020, 09:57 PM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
You......created an account on City-Data forums...just to trash the Krispey Kreme challenge run?

Old 02-01-2020, 10:01 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Why would anyone do that nonsense challenge? What is the point first. But in addition, do you know how much harm you cause by scarfing down TWELVE donuts? Ridiculous. It's like making yourself sick when we already have so much disease already. I don't see the point, why not just run up there and back? Maybe one donut it's ok. Sorry Kripy Kreme I know you love this race
It's one of the very few things that originated in the Triangle that other cities now do. It's also charitable and started at NC State to benefit UNC children's hospital. How often does the Triangle get an event from NC State that intends to benefit anything at UNC?
It's probably one of the coolest, most authentic events annually in the Triangle, heck even within the entire state.
Why would anyone want to disparage it?

Old 02-02-2020, 04:27 AM

2 posts, read 11,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
It's one of the very few things that originated in the Triangle that other cities now do. It's also charitable and started at NC State to benefit UNC children's hospital. How often does the Triangle get an event from NC State that intends to benefit anything at UNC?
It's probably one of the coolest, most authentic events annually in the Triangle, heck even within the entire state.
Why would anyone want to disparage it?
Disparage it? I am concerned health wise, you know? All these people

And I know it started by NC State, great, but I feel they can come up with better? We should not be encouraging that too. And they are young kids at that too, it's no wonder. I just feel someone should.d speak up (I know all docs/nurses will turn a blind eye bc it's 'fun')

Old 02-02-2020, 04:31 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Seriously?
Go watch. There are a great many incredibly healthy people running this event. And, having fun doing it.
And, they help raise significant money for healthcare for children with great health challenges.
It's a win-win.

Old 02-02-2020, 05:11 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,575,847 times
Obviously the troll wants the donuts.

Old 02-02-2020, 05:14 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,641,105 times
Quote:
Why not just worry about you, "health wise"?

Old 02-02-2020, 05:37 AM

872 posts, read 1,015,449 times
Quote:

And I know it started by NC State, great, but I feel they can come up with better? We should not be encouraging that too. And they are young kids at that too, it's no wonder. I just feel someone should.d speak up (I know all docs/nurses will turn a blind eye bc it's 'fun')
We've had actual races in this area where people have died. To my knowledge, no one has done so participating in this event.

And what do you think NC Stat can come up with that will be better than a fundraiser that draws out thousands of racers and people cheering them on? Plus generates lots of free publicity and has become a tradition associated with Raleigh?

Honestly, dude, this is one of the quirky events that make it enjoyable to live in the Triangle. Sorry if it upsets you, but most of us are fine with it. We do have other, much more pressing causes that we do protest about here. I'd recommend that you consider them first before obsessing about this.

Old 02-02-2020, 05:47 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Obviously the troll wants the donuts.

Or, he was hosing down the streets in the cleanup crew for his community service...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary