Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2020, 05:10 AM

2 posts, read 874 times

Advertisements

We’re looking at some houses in this neighborhood, and have read through the forums. Obviously the waste treatment plant continues to spring up whenever anyone mentions TPaWL, but I can’t see any posts noting that it was even remotely an issue since 2010-2011. It looks like prices took a major hit from 2007 to 2010-2014, but have rebounded and are up again. My friend is a realtor and said it’s a non-issue, and houses continue to sell.

The homes seem incredible well built. My co-worker bought a house near Capulin Crest and Gretna Lane and said they never smell anything or even notice that the plant is there. We love their house, seems incredibly well built and designed vs a lot of what is out there in the same price range.

Any thoughts around TPaWL for 2020? Most of the older posts are from 2014 timeframe. Seems like it’ll be a great neighborhood to benefit from 540 access when it’s completed. We’ve also looked at other neighborhoods around that area, but LOVE the houses built in that Woodlands (I think that’s what they’re called) section of TPaWL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2020, 05:59 AM

43,258 posts, read 77,033,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry62 View Post
We’re looking at some houses in this neighborhood, and have read through the forums. Obviously the waste treatment plant continues to spring up whenever anyone mentions TPaWL, but I can’t see any posts noting that it was even remotely an issue since 2010-2011. It looks like prices took a major hit from 2007 to 2010-2014, but have rebounded and are up again. My friend is a realtor and said it’s a non-issue, and houses continue to sell.

The homes seem incredible well built. My co-worker bought a house near Capulin Crest and Gretna Lane and said they never smell anything or even notice that the plant is there. We love their house, seems incredibly well built and designed vs a lot of what is out there in the same price range.

Any thoughts around TPaWL for 2020? Most of the older posts are from 2014 timeframe. Seems like it’ll be a great neighborhood to benefit from 540 access when it’s completed. We’ve also looked at other neighborhoods around that area, but LOVE the houses built in that Woodlands (I think that’s what they’re called) section of TPaWL.

The Woodlands homes are by local custom builders and mostly built before the recession when builders started pulling all the money out of their homes that they could.
Yes, many are very nice.
Look for good maintenance, as they also are approaching the age where systems may need to be replaced.

I would suggest being away from the waste water treatment plant, if possible, if only to avoid any stigma from concerns if the market slows down and you need to sell.

Old 02-14-2020, 06:42 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
I have 3 clients who I helped buy when the homes were new and are still living there and loving it!

I have clients who I helped buy and then sold to move out of town and had no problems selling (about 4 years ago).

One of my clients that moved had purchased her home, brand new, and actually backed up to treatment plant. She was a single woman and didn't want ANYONE in her backyard. So she liked the idea of not having another home in her backyard. She was ok with the plant. That was when there WERE some issues from the plant.

We had no problem selling, years later, but like Mike, I wouldn't recommend backing up to the plant. Not that there are any issues now but buyers don't want to back up to anything remotely that they consider an eyesore. That includes power lines and a bunch of other things that are mostly cosmetic.

I will say, at night, the plant is well lit!

Buyers can't be too picky while we are in a seller's market but eventually the market will change and buyers will have more choices and will become more picky!

The neighborhood and most of those in that area are considered desirable.

Just make sure you and your agent know where 540 is coming through!

Old 02-14-2020, 07:34 AM

2 posts, read 874 times
Thanks for the replies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary