Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 06:24 PM

6,351 posts, read 5,440,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
This school board does not see themselves as accountable to anyone, which is probably why two of them running for higher office were defeated this go round. Word is getting out.

Just talked to my sister (a teacher) who dealt with Hedrick at Apex Middle and couldn't stand her.
I found out yesterday that a friend of mine (a teacher) interviewed with Dr. Hedrick to teach at Apex Middle several years ago when she was a brand new teacher; and had the same opinion right off the bat. Said friend ended up taking a job at Daniels and later moving to Reedy Creek (both of which are generally considered "inferior" schools to AMS) to avoid working for this principal. Apparently the exact phrase "This school's reputation and my standards are too high for newly licensed teachers" was part of the interview process. Yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2020, 06:33 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,135,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Oh, but the board and the superintendent are in office only to serve the community.
Certainly, the community has the right to voice opinion, including a desire for removal.

Yes, some people go over the top with emotional tantrums. THAT should be nearly totally disregarded.
But, still, the public has voice and a right to exercise that voice.
Wake County spends $3,035 per child in WCPSS.
58% of the County budget is spent on the schools.

3,035/58% = $5,200. Take either figure you like - $3,035 or $5,200, multiply by your # of kids in WCPSS, and see if you're a net payer, or a net beneficiary.

Old 03-09-2020, 11:15 AM

1,462 posts, read 651,143 times
Wasn't she awarded North Carolina Principal of the Year in 2017? Yes, she has made some changes at Green Hope but have they risen to the level of her being fired and losing her livelihood? She just started in July so maybe calm down and give her some time. I've never been a principal but I can't imagine how difficult it must be working in a school that size with such a high percentage of intellectually gifted (real and imagined) students who are being pushed too hard by their very driven parents. Some of those parents would probably give any principal nightmares.

Old 03-09-2020, 02:15 PM

13,660 posts, read 12,326,875 times
Were there lots of complaints about her at Panther Creek where she was previously?

Old 03-10-2020, 10:39 AM

5,292 posts, read 3,165,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFTMQEA View Post
Without getting too detailed, my experience was that she has no interest in communicating with parents or doing what is best for the students.
My hunch is that things that need to be communicated to the students ARE being communicated to the students. Whether little Johnny comes home and tells mom n dad is another thing.

Sign in table for being tardy? Mommy can't just pop in and give the little angel lunch that they should have remembered? No dance class? Oh the humanity.

Old 03-11-2020, 04:47 PM

1,462 posts, read 651,143 times
BoSox 15, do not fret over Little Johnny. When he gets to college he can always have his professors fired for saying things that do not align with his particular views.

Old 03-11-2020, 04:50 PM

364 posts, read 120,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Wasn't she awarded North Carolina Principal of the Year in 2017? Yes, she has made some changes at Green Hope but have they risen to the level of her being fired and losing her livelihood? She just started in July so maybe calm down and give her some time. I've never been a principal but I can't imagine how difficult it must be working in a school that size with such a high percentage of intellectually gifted (real and imagined) students who are being pushed too hard by their very driven parents. Some of those parents would probably give any principal nightmares.

Yes.

Old 03-11-2020, 04:52 PM

364 posts, read 120,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
My hunch is that things that need to be communicated to the students ARE being communicated to the students. Whether little Johnny comes home and tells mom n dad is another thing.

Sign in table for being tardy? Mommy can't just pop in and give the little angel lunch that they should have remembered? No dance class? Oh the humanity.

I don't go on hunches. Seems that you have a problem with the GHHS population. Seems like a personal problem..

The principal needs to communicate with parents. My issue went far beyond a tardy table or dropping off lunch.

Get over yourself.

Old 03-11-2020, 05:17 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,761,801 times
The shame that a '2020' principle is trying to instill basic principles of self responsibilities into today's youth that were a given years ago.

Old 03-11-2020, 07:24 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,135,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFTMQEA View Post
I don't go on hunches. Seems that you have a problem with the GHHS population. Seems like a personal problem..

The principal needs to communicate with parents. My issue went far beyond a tardy table or dropping off lunch.

Get over yourself.
so what was your issue(s)?

I mean, it's one thing to have good reasons why an administrator might not be a good fit for a school (though I admit I have no idea of "school culture" differences between GHHS and PCHS).

It's another to assert malpractice to where someone should lose their job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary