Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 08:24 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times

Advertisements

I am following this with interest. We have considered EZ-Breeze for a few years but there has always been something that just held us back from pulling the trigger. I was in a clients home a couple months back and her EZ breeze were very difficult to open and had a clouded look to the vinyl/window portion. I wasn't sure if they were a knock off brand , installed incorrectly or what. She didn't know as they were in the house when they purchased it.

Can anyone recommend a good window installer for screened porch windows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 10:30 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post

Can anyone recommend a good window installer for screened porch windows?

https://harlandwindows.com/ replaced our home's windows and later installed EZBreeze on our screened porch where I am typing this.

Porch stayed pollen-free this year!

Excellent value for price paid.

Old 04-29-2020, 11:45 AM

260 posts, read 637,894 times
About 10 years ago, we had Champion install glass windows and a large slding door on our 2 slided covered deck. Sliding door opens to large open deck ( 3 step down ). We just have a fan for hot summer days and sun warms the area pretty well in winter.

Overall a very good investment. We have been enjoying rain/pollen/wind free seating area and recommend Champion for their workmanship.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:39 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
We had Eze Breeze windows installed on our screened porch in the fall and are very pleased so far. They keep the pollen and rain out so the porch stays nice and clean. We also had a gas fireplace installed, so even on a cold winter night it gets plenty warm to sit on the porch and watch TV. We're in the process of removing all of the window panels for a thorough post-pollen cleaning and we're adding a vinyl protectant to keep them from clouding up and showing scratches. The whole process has been pretty simple. I know of a few other folks that have installed Eze Breeze and all have been happy, even after a few years.

Old 04-30-2020, 03:21 PM

644 posts, read 841,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
We had Eze Breeze windows installed on our screened porch in the fall and are very pleased so far. They keep the pollen and rain out so the porch stays nice and clean. We also had a gas fireplace installed, so even on a cold winter night it gets plenty warm to sit on the porch and watch TV. We're in the process of removing all of the window panels for a thorough post-pollen cleaning and we're adding a vinyl protectant to keep them from clouding up and showing scratches. The whole process has been pretty simple. I know of a few other folks that have installed Eze Breeze and all have been happy, even after a few years.
I am thinking of doing this but I have a weird concern - should I be worried about the gas fireplace being exposed to the elements? Thinking dust, pollen getting in to the gas line?

Old 05-02-2020, 05:41 PM

21 posts, read 20,428 times
Based on what I have seen so far,

- If you just need protection from pollen, use the room during peak winter and summer then Ez Breeze is OK
- If you are looking for a room that can be used mostly year round then actual windows will be a better choice.
- Price wise windows will be at least 30% more expensive than Ez Breeze. - Among windows, Champion will be the most expensive.
- Pl give a call to Window world and Eco view too. Both of them have good reviews and use quality products

While there is a price difference compared to EZ Breeze, I see more value in actual windows than Ez Breeze. With actual windows you can start thinking about upgrading this as an all year round room also (A separate HVAC unit and insulated carpeting etc etc down the line).

Old 05-02-2020, 07:11 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparan View Post
Based on what I have seen so far,

- If you just need protection from pollen, use the room during peak winter and summer then Ez Breeze is OK
- If you are looking for a room that can be used mostly year round then actual windows will be a better choice.
- Price wise windows will be at least 30% more expensive than Ez Breeze. - Among windows, Champion will be the most expensive.
- Pl give a call to Window world and Eco view too. Both of them have good reviews and use quality products

While there is a price difference compared to EZ Breeze, I see more value in actual windows than Ez Breeze. With actual windows you can start thinking about upgrading this as an all year round room also (A separate HVAC unit and insulated carpeting etc etc down the line).
e

I looked into this and was told by contractors that if you add windows then in must be a conditioned room and is treated like interior space and will need the appropriate footings and foundation that an addition would require. If you add e-zbreeze then you are creating a 3 season room and the footings will be appropriate for a deck. I was told the code does not allow for windows in a 3 season room.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:17 AM

21 posts, read 20,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
e

I looked into this and was told by contractors that if you add windows then in must be a conditioned room and is treated like interior space and will need the appropriate footings and foundation that an addition would require. If you add e-zbreeze then you are creating a 3 season room and the footings will be appropriate for a deck. I was told the code does not allow for windows in a 3 season room.
Even I was told the same by some "reputed" Ez Breeze contractor. That seems to be the story line form folks who deals only with Ez Breeze

Champion, Ecoview, Windows world etc have been doing this for years and that's their primary business. They will not do anything against the code or anything they can be liable for. I am sure they will consider how the porch foundation is to see if additional weight due to actual windows will have an impact.

Yes, you need to get a permit if you are making structural changes, taking off load bearing columns etc

Old 05-03-2020, 01:31 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,337,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparan View Post
Even I was told the same by some "reputed" Ez Breeze contractor. That seems to be the story line form folks who deals only with Ez Breeze

Champion, Ecoview, Windows world etc have been doing this for years and that's their primary business. They will not do anything against the code or anything they can be liable for. I am sure they will consider how the porch foundation is to see if additional weight due to actual windows will have an impact.

Yes, you need to get a permit if you are making structural changes, taking off load bearing columns etc
I was told this by a GC who deals in remodeling projects not an EZ Breeze contractor. Yes, anything structural requires permits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary