Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 04:14 PM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times

Advertisements

Costco in Apex today was totally out of all paper products - TP, tissues, napkins, paper towels, you name it. Target in Morrisville was pretty much the same, except there were a few lonely boxes of tissues available. I have approximately 7 rolls of TP in the house - luckily it's just me, but hopefully I will be able to resupply before things become critical!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 04:16 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Costco in Apex today was totally out of all paper products - TP, tissues, napkins, paper towels, you name it. Target in Morrisville was pretty much the same, except there were a few lonely boxes of tissues available. I have approximately 7 rolls of TP in the house - luckily it's just me, but hopefully I will be able to resupply before things become critical!

I was told Amazon is back in stock. We use their subscription service for TP/Paper towels and we ran out late last week (and they had none to fulfill the subscription)

Luckily I found some

Old 03-15-2020, 04:17 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,871,819 times
Was in Walmart for other things and Big Lots out of curiosity but yeah, same story in those places. Plus lots of canned food shelves also emptied.

Old 03-15-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Quotes not necessary? What does that mean?

But I think I agree with you, Repatriot. "No shoes in house household for decades" - you just wrote that in quotes and it seems like a great thing to me. Americans wearing their shoes into the house is the dirtiest thing ever.
I think we are both on the same page.

I didn't use any quotes.

You wrote "high horse" in quotes, as it's a common saying it doesn't require quotes. Me calling it out is just my OTT grammarian rearing its ugly head. Sorry about that.

Old 03-15-2020, 04:44 PM

42 posts, read 23,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
The Target in Morrisville had 2 pallets of toilet paper at 8:30am this morning (they open at 8am). Maybe call and ask them when their next shipment is and if you can get there early you should be able to get a pack.

A storeperson said that the distributor has run out of hand sanitizer, so they don;t know when that will be stocked. He said there were people in the parking lot at 6:30am - they were there before him.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:03 PM

Just back from a curiously nearly empty Wegmans - bare shelves for all chicken, canned soup, pasta; nearly cleaned out were canned meals, frozen vegetables.

Goes without saying no TP, not sure about other paper goods. There was some water.

Old 03-15-2020, 06:06 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Just back from a curiously nearly empty Wegmans - bare shelves for all chicken, canned soup, pasta; nearly cleaned out were canned meals, frozen vegetables.

Goes without saying no TP, not sure about other paper goods. There was some water.

I did our shop this AM - I usually make various runs on Sat/Sunday every week.

I was surprised there was no meat (beef and chicken anyway) at any store I went to (HT/Publix/Sams)

Old 03-15-2020, 06:13 PM

4,554 posts, read 3,752,342 times
Quote:
I think we are both on the same page.

I didn't use any quotes.

You wrote "high horse" in quotes, as it's a common saying it doesn't require quotes. Me calling it out is just my OTT grammarian rearing its ugly head. Sorry about that.

Repatriot, that sounds good to me. I agree with most issues on this forum. What makes me hesitate is that half of my relatives are from Greece and a good third are from India! But the young ones born in our great state of NC, are just as American as you and me. But does anyone really care about that?

Anyway, good luck Repatriot to our difficult time for the next several months.

Old 03-15-2020, 07:28 PM

Thanks and same to you and yours. We're all in this one together.

Old 03-15-2020, 08:54 PM

4,554 posts, read 3,752,342 times
Quote:
Thanks and same to you and yours. We're all in this one together.

Repatriot - PM me if you want or if you are curious about my "ramblings." Otherwise, good luck to you and your family - there's only 1 race - humans. God Bless, Repatriot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary