Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:37 AM

150 posts, read 506,760 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much for the update Shigdon3! I was going to call Harry yesterday and got too busy! We sent in our membership/initiation fee, but hadn't hear anything...I hope they announce when the official/Grand opening is set for!

On a side note for other Brightleaf Residents:

Two nights ago a young man knocked on my neigbors door (3 homes down from us) asking for help getting into his moms house, which he mentioned was the home next to mine (A young couple lives there). He left when they said he was at the wrong home, but then went to alert all of the folks living in the homes on my block (I am not sure how much time had passed). My husband drove into Brightleaf not long after and saw a police car patroling. Long story short, the kid is a known thief who likes the Brightleaf neighborhood (not just our section) according to the police, and they picked him up. They are dropping a picture off today at the home that the kid went to, and they plan to distribute it. The police are also going to alert our Home Owners Association.
I work from home, and almost everyday I have noticed a young man (late teens/early twenties I am guessing) walking past my home (past all of the homes on my street). He always has a black sweatshirt on, with the hood up-no matter how hot it is. I mentioned it several times to my husband. It turns out that this is the person the police picked up. Anyhow, just wanted to let other Residents know! Looks like he was scoping out the homes.

Thanks,
Christinabean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 06:05 PM

My husband and I just went and checked out the club this evening. It's looking great. Mike (one of the builders) was giving someone a tour, and several of us joined him. Over the next 8-9 days all of the furniture/furnishings will be arriving, weights, more fitness equipment/accessories, food stuff, check-in area etc. They are going to have a grand opening in August I believe, as well as a 1-2 other interesting activities around that time. The rest of this month is open to folks living in Brightleaf to try everything out-then dues will start in August. Head on over for the tour if you have time, as they have a lot more info on what will be available shortly, and as time goes on. There were already at least 7-10 people in the pool when we walked by, and a private lesson going on at the tennis courts (course the lessons have been going on for a few weeks).
It was a nice chance to meet some neigbors!
Yahoo!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:15 PM

426 posts, read 1,455,220 times
Ryan, I want an invite to that fancy-pants pool when you move in!

Old 07-24-2008, 10:10 AM

7 posts, read 26,036 times
Hi future neighbors at BL,
We are currently building a Malibu at the Glen, and you can imagine how excited I am to find this thread discussing the BrightLeaf community

Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,020,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leej13 View Post
Hi future neighbors at BL,
We are currently building a Malibu at the Glen, and you can imagine how excited I am to find this thread discussing the BrightLeaf community
Hey leej!

Which one are you - the basement one or the one on Golden Belt? Those things both went up QUICK!!

Old 07-24-2008, 10:17 AM

7 posts, read 26,036 times
we are building the basement one. Yes, they are building it pretty fast.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,503 times
Default Crossing HOA Info

Hello all...just discovered all of the Brightleaf threads this evening...we've been living here for about 4mths now....Love it so far...very quiet and all of the neighbors have been so friendly....Quick question...can you provide the HOA and property mgmt contact info for the crossings...ive been looking everywhere for it and cant seem to locate it...we're ready to start building a deck in the backyard so we can spread out a little more than the concrete pad allows....

Old 07-26-2008, 07:25 AM

Uncblue, I am DM'ing you the info

Old 10-01-2008, 10:34 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,692,353 times
Hey I just got some info on the Brightleaf Club having their grand opening this weekend. I attached the flier they sent out. Free tennis clinics, food, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Flyer.pdf (364.5 KB, 366 views)

Old 10-01-2008, 04:22 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,561,845 times
The club looks great. I have put 3 clients in Brightleaf already and hope to bring you all some new neighbors. I was there again last night in the dark. Hot subdivision it seems. Everyone I have met in there seems so friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary