Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 07:28 AM

4,159 posts, read 2,841,729 times

Advertisements

When a conversation about kids becomes a discussion on the merits of overturning the Constitution, can we say we’ve gone round the bend and it’s time to move on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 07:32 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Give me a break man. Coronavirus is not going to just disappear in a few weeks - all we're doing right now is slowing the spread so that we can hopefully get to the point where we have a vaccine. That is one to one and a half years away.

People have s**t on the President nonstop for not acting quick enough, yet when he tries to look forward to what could happen and what has already happened economically, he gets s**t on more. Many people will die due to the economic impacts of what's going on right now, potentially many more than are dying of covid-19. At some point you need to weigh the impacts of the two, and that seems to be what he's trying to do. He's probably going about it the wrong way as usual, but it would be absolutely crazy to just destroy the economy without looking at what the future impacts will be. For many reasons we need to get this economy going again as soon as possible.

Tough decisions will need to be made and either way lives will be lost and people will suffer. It sucks but that's the reality of the situation.
If you want to see the true dichotomoy of the situation, look at how people respond to both Trump and Cuomo. I'm not a Cuomo fan but he's been great through this. But I know alot of people in NY - people who even like him - are saying "he's trying to kill the economy, people are going to be jumping off the bridges soon" etc. It's the same with Trump who is taking opposite stand of Cuomo "we'll be back in business soon". There's no wishy washy in this - people are on one side or the other. It's kind of fascinating.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:44 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
When a conversation about kids becomes a discussion on the merits of overturning the Constitution, can we say we’ve gone round the bend and it’s time to move on?
Since you didn't quote a post with your reply, you leave your readers guessing. But, since my post was directly ahead of yours, I make the assumption.

"merits of overturning the Constitution"? My point was the Federal Government is not living up to their requirements in the Constitution and if they aren't, what purpose do they serve....

Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution:

Quote:
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;.....

I asked two days ago for Bo and you to move with me to the main thread on this to keep this topic on topic. You seemingly stay, and then object to keeping it off topic. Kinda rich if you ask me.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:49 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
If you want to see the true dichotomoy of the situation, look at how people respond to both Trump and Cuomo. I'm not a Cuomo fan but he's been great through this. But I know alot of people in NY - people who even like him - are saying "he's trying to kill the economy, people are going to be jumping off the bridges soon" etc. It's the same with Trump who is taking opposite stand of Cuomo "we'll be back in business soon". There's no wishy washy in this - people are on one side or the other. It's kind of fascinating.
I really feel bad for anyone in government right now, even the president. I cannot even imagine the stress involved when you have to make decisions based on how many people will suffer or die. It's just crazy. These are not decisions that have ever been made in our generation, and there are no clear answers. Nobody on this entire planet knows what's best right now, so it's unfair to say what's right or wrong. All you can do is try and look at it from all angles, and try not to focus on just what's happening on any given day.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Since you didn't quote a post with your reply, you leave your readers guessing. But, since my post was directly ahead of yours, I make the assumption.

"merits of overturning the Constitution"? My point was the Federal Government is not living up to their requirements in the Constitution and if they aren't, what purpose do they serve....

Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution:

I asked two days ago for Bo and you to move with me to the main thread on this to keep this topic on topic. You seemingly stay, and then object to keeping it off topic. Kinda rich if you ask me.
I don’t know where the main topic is (this board, general board, political board?). I do know you keep discussing politics and constitutional law on here.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
I don’t know what the main is. I do know you keep discussing politics and constitutional law on here.

The main thread on COVID, on this board. And if anything I have said crosses the lines of this sub, I have no doubts that RedZin will strike it from the record accordingly and rightfully.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:03 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
The main thread on COVID, on this board. And if anything I have said crosses the lines of this sub, I have no doubts that RedFin will strike it from the record accordingly and rightfully.

Uhh....
"Zin."
RedZIN.

I'm more of a pinot noir sort, but to each their own.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
The main thread on COVID, on this board. And if anything I have said crosses the lines of this sub, I have no doubts that RedFin will strike it from the record accordingly and rightfully.
The thread Coronavirus in the Triangle? Still feels a stretch. As for monitoring, I get it. Self-quarantining isn’t for everyone.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Uhh....
"Zin."
RedZIN.

I'm more of a pinot noir sort, but to each their own.

EFF!

Editing my post now.

Dammit, thanks Mike.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:06 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
EFF!

Editing my post now.

Dammit, thanks Mike.

In our time of need, Community needs to step up!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary