Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2020, 07:14 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times

Advertisements

When this is all over, I hope people will continue to "social distance" in their cars during the morning rush-hour commute. #notailgating

I thought about that as I was waiting in line for necessary groceries, and everyone was very good about stretching out the checkout line to 6-feet plus. "Wouldn't this be nice on I-40?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2020, 07:32 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
"Wouldn't this be nice on I-40?"
It would be nice not having somebody up my butt

Old 03-25-2020, 07:34 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,993 times
I was at Aldi's yesterday and was happy to see the cashier tell the lady in front of me that she had to back away from the lady in front of her. Unfortunately, she had to tell her twice.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:36 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
yeah and teaching my daughter to drive people still need to learn their manners. She paused at a traffic circle the other day and with a FEDEX TRUCK coming around the circle the guy behind us honked. Then he pulled up next to us at the light (because we had to rush to get to that red light) and my daughter glared at him...she said he needs to learn not to honk at teenagers who are learning to drive LOL. He took the dirty look like a man I will say LOL.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:20 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
I'm new here, (couple weeks), and this was one thing I was hoping that I would get away from after leaving CA.

Unfortunately, just as bad as Ventura.

Unlike that area, what gets me is that they have other lanes to use to go around me, but they just sit there, angry, riding my tail pipes.

So, I slow down, instead, until they get sick and tired of it and finally go around, like they had the ability to do all along.

I drive within 5 miles of the speed limit. I'm not interested in being the one plucked out of all of the speeders for a ticket.

One guy rode my bumper for a few miles. I was going the speed limit, exactly. He finally passed and laid on his horn while doing so. I laughed at him being so bent out of shape for someone going the speed limit in the slow lane.

Anyway, as he passed, I took a look over at his car, and I think he could use some remedial driving lessons. His car looked like he'd been in a few wrecks - but he apparently learned nothing from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary