Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 02:04 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
Every night feels like a Friday night but every day feels like a Wednesday. I don't easily remember what day it is.
Haha this is incredibly accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 02:17 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
There are a ton of free online classes that are offering free trials over the next few months so I've definitely been taking advantage of that. Currently learning guitar using Fender Plus, doing free workout classes on Daily Burn and taking some cooking classes via Milk Street Cooking School.

As a result I've been watching less TV the last few days than I was before stay at home orders......

Old 04-01-2020, 02:19 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
I've been at work since 9AM. Be here another 45 mins but am out of things to do so now I'm just internetting...later I will go home and cook dinner and play Assassin's Creed or Civ VI. Yay! Tomorrow will probably be identical haha.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:47 PM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
Diagnosed why the microwave keeps tripping its circuit breaker. Now I've got to take the microwave apart and find the short, then decide whether I can fix it at a reasonable cost or just replace the entire unit.

Old 04-01-2020, 05:38 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,871 times
Where I used to split my day wfh/wfo and now all wfh, I find I am working longer hours and even more straight through than before but feel like I am getting less accomplished and feel less motivated. Have to fight that because I'm grateful to still be working, and on eggshells wondering how long that's going to last.

It's hard to describe, but I struggle to feel connected to work. Maybe it's perspective kicking in....

Old 04-01-2020, 06:38 PM

339 posts, read 318,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
Diagnosed why the microwave keeps tripping its circuit breaker. Now I've got to take the microwave apart and find the short, then decide whether I can fix it at a reasonable cost or just replace the entire unit.
Hope you'll let us know what you found out, ours does the same.
My electrician ( years ago...it's been doing it for a while) said he thought it was prob. due to a safety feature built in that when you pull down on the handle (when opening the door) it can cause it to do that.
Some child proof mechanism or something like that , best I can remember.
Not much help from here but would like to know what you figure out.

Old 04-02-2020, 02:00 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,752 times
Today was a virtual all-hands lunch meeting. Grubhub vouchers for $50 for everyone to use at local restaurants. Discussions on world issues, company issues, and what attendees are eating. Great way to break up the monotony of regular conference calls.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:20 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Putting out bag mulch from Lowe’s. Break time

Old 04-07-2020, 11:12 AM

125 posts, read 105,884 times
Default Today so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
Every night feels like a Friday night but every day feels like a Wednesday. I don't easily remember what day it is.
I can relate to this. Except Sunday nights. Sunday nights are still full of dread, anticipating the week ahead. Only now, it seems even more so.

Today so far:

grocery shopping
talked to the dog, gave him a belly rub
made coffee
made breakfast
perused the internet
texted my (grown) daughter
texted my neighbor, who then called me on the phone; enjoyed a nice conversation
made lunch for hubby
talked to the dog, took him out to the backyard for fresh air and vitamin D

Pandemic is awful. And yet, it is a beautiful day outside.

Old 04-07-2020, 01:39 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,272,822 times
Drank coffee, ate breakfast, put on minimal makeup for my team's daily video chat.

Worked, walked the dog with my husband, worked more.

Found out that the LaFarm truck was going to be in the area, went to where they were supposed to be. Waited a half hour, no truck.

Now I'm trying to figure out in Powershell how to get AD group membership and AD computer membership to output to the same csv file with multiple properties.

My brain hurts so I may give up for today. Scripting is not my forte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo71 View Post
Sunday nights are still full of dread, anticipating the week ahead. Only now, it seems even more so.

Same here! When I was a kid, I hated Sundays because of school. Now I hate Sundays because of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary