Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 07:35 AM

19,433 posts, read 27,819,296 times

Advertisements

Costco is only allowing 2 shoppers per membership card into their stores at a time. This can be a problem if you're bringing kids.

https://www.costco.com/covid-updates.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2020, 07:38 AM

603 posts, read 445,154 times
Leave one adult home with the children.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:46 AM

386 posts, read 436,474 times
good move.

Internationally I know that some stores are only permitted to sell essential items. I wonder if that's next for us. So you can buy TP and rotisserie chicken, but you can't grab a 75-inch Samsung.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:54 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,057,135 times
I do all the shopping alone for us under normal circumstances. So no impact for us.

Seems like a good policy change on Costco's part.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:49 AM

4,303 posts, read 5,987,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIL9 View Post
Leave one adult home with the children.
Not every home has two adults.

But yes, in general kids should have not been going to the store long before this if possible.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:54 AM

22,666 posts, read 36,779,658 times
yeah I'm not getting people bringing kids to the store at all, and yes I get some people don't have a caretaker but i can tell often it's dad being sent out to get the kids out of mom's hair and dad isn't paying attention that they are wandering and touching everything in sight. I'll admit i always avoided bringing my kids under any circumstances anyway. I also admit I don't understand the attraction of Costco when you can walk into any supermarket and get what you need if you time it right without waiting on line outside with 100 other people.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:17 AM

4,545 posts, read 3,746,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
yeah I'm not getting people bringing kids to the store at all, and yes I get some people don't have a caretaker but i can tell often it's dad being sent out to get the kids out of mom's hair and dad isn't paying attention that they are wandering and touching everything in sight. I'll admit i always avoided bringing my kids under any circumstances anyway. I also admit I don't understand the attraction of Costco when you can walk into any supermarket and get what you need if you time it right without waiting on line outside with 100 other people.

Yeah, I don't understand this either. What is the big deal with Costco right now? Just so people can justify their memberships?

Like you said, you can go to any other grocery store without waiting to get in, pretty much find everything. Even toilet paper is stocked regularly (not much) at Publix and Wegmens. Just because you go to Costco doesn't mean you'll find TP.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:21 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,206,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I do all the shopping alone for us under normal circumstances. So no impact for us.

Seems like a good policy change on Costco's part.
last week, a child was wandering along with their parent. Twice, as they walked they just ran a hand aimlessly along a row of packages.

just Sunday I was in the Raleigh Costco and a child laid down on the floor and rolled around.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:31 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,816,353 times
I have a friend who works at Petco in Florida. The other day a dad had his young child with him. While he put his pin into the pinpad, the child licked the counter.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:52 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,057,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
last week, a child was wandering along with their parent. Twice, as they walked they just ran a hand aimlessly along a row of packages.

just Sunday I was in the Raleigh Costco and a child laid down on the floor and rolled around.

Sheesh. No bueno. I realize not everyone can attack this the same way, but that is disheartening to hear (although I am sure is common as kids and stores have always had an interesting relationship)

Meanwhile we are leaving everything in our garage post a shop/delivery and moving it in under a controlled cleaning method as best we can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary