Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 03:44 PM

403 posts, read 353,628 times

Advertisements

Hey all. I moved to NC from MA about 2 years ago. I lived near Southpoint for most of that time, which I loved. I spent 2 years learning about the area and fell in love with West Cary. It seems to be growing quickly and seems like it is a hot spot for buyers. I now live in Stone Creek Village, which is unbelievable. I don't know if many of you have seen Stone Creek Village, but it would be well worth your time if you were interested in this area. Now that 540 connects to 55, I am wondering if anyone knows what will be coming that way....from 540/55 down to High House/55? I say keep it coming. Any info would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 04:03 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,817,010 times
Be careful what you wish for, because it's definitely coming.
Regional Center West (http://www.townofcary.org/depts/planning/regionalcenterwest/overview.htm - broken link)

Old 02-11-2008, 06:04 PM

403 posts, read 353,628 times
Thanks for the info Funky Chicken. I understand when you say "be careful of what you wish for", but keep in mind I came from an area of MA that is so far out, it took 45 minutes to get to the grocery store. Being in this area is like being a kid in the candy store. I feel like I died and went to heaven. I am very excited about what may be coming, but I am a little concerned about what the downturn in the real estate market will do for plans in this area. Hopefully it will just be a little speedbump along the way.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:07 AM

551 posts, read 575,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP2SCV View Post
Now that 540 connects to 55, I am wondering if anyone knows what will be coming that way

I see that they actually built a new cell tower a little further down the road from the old one, so they can build one of the new developments there. It looks like they are starting to work on both sides of the road. It is going to be quite different in a couple of years.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:49 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,775,072 times
I&O, Keep in mind that the Triangle Expressway will also be opening the first sections around 2010, alleviating some of the traffic concerns. In addition, Louis Stephens, Green Level-to-Durham and other roads will provide alternate routes. And of course, Davis Drive will be 4 lanes fairly soon. The overall area will have gone from two 2-lane roads (55 and Davis) to all of that in a very short span (as far as road construction goes).

Old 07-12-2008, 10:35 AM

551 posts, read 575,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
I&O, Keep in mind that the Triangle Expressway will also be opening the first sections around 2010, alleviating some of the traffic concerns. In addition, Louis Stephens, Green Level-to-Durham and other roads will provide alternate routes. And of course, Davis Drive will be 4 lanes fairly soon. The overall area will have gone from two 2-lane roads (55 and Davis) to all of that in a very short span (as far as road construction goes).

Yes, I am looking forward to it. I am all for well planned growth. It will give us so many options.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:56 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,607,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP2SCV View Post
Thanks for the info Funky Chicken. I understand when you say "be careful of what you wish for", but keep in mind I came from an area of MA that is so far out, it took 45 minutes to get to the grocery store. Being in this area is like being a kid in the candy store. I feel like I died and went to heaven.
It's funny. You lived 45 minutes from the grocery store in MA so now you want to be near all that development. I lived in the middle of all that type of development when I lived in TX, so when I moved here I made sure we found a place out away from it all. Wonder if the pendulum will swing back towards a middle ground for both of us 5-10 years from now.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:48 PM

18,109 posts, read 15,690,551 times
I wish there were more 'big stores' closer to the central/downtown area of Cary where I currently reside. Part of me loves the fact that I'm not dealing with the traffic chaos of the Kildare and Crossroads shopping areas, but another part of me, the part that schleps the 5 - 7 mi over there to get things done, wishes I didn't have to schlep much at all.

I drove by the Beaver Creek Commons area the other week and salivated at having a bunch of stores all in one place.

I think I'm suffering from closer-to-shopping envy right now (but yet loving that I'm not in the thick of traffic).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary