Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 08:31 AM

22,654 posts, read 36,662,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
great excuse not to have to hang out for 4 hours to watch your 6 year old swim 1x though!
yeah did it one summer....that was enough. Tuesdays from mid-June to the end of July are always guaranteed to be the hottest most humid night of the year, with the bonus threat of thunderstorms hanging over the whole ordeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 09:00 AM

748 posts, read 1,373,367 times
Its common sense. Do you feel comfortable sending your kids to a public pool with a highly contagious virus floating around? Yes you are outside. But pools will be crowded, no matter what people say. Its warm and the water is cool and the kids are happy. I like the ideas of people getting a small pool and other activities for their own yard. I think this whole year is kind of a wash. Keep your families safe. Yeah its inconvenience. And people are yelling "its my right and my choice". But its my family's lives. I hope you all stay safe.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:24 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,335,568 times
Why would HOAs and families even chance opening up and going to the community or public pools? Isn't the virus contagious through exchange of bodily fluids? I'm already paranoid about what bodily fluids are in pools even before this pandemic!

Old 04-29-2020, 09:33 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,232,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanieme View Post
Why would HOAs and families even chance opening up and going to the community or public pools? Isn't the virus contagious through exchange of bodily fluids? I'm already paranoid about what bodily fluids are in pools even before this pandemic!
This isn't directed specifically at you.

I feel like many people are under the impression that Covid is just going to go away and become non-prevalent. This seems to be completely unlikely, or even impossible, even with a vaccine. It's something that we're going to have to live with from here on out. Even with a vaccine, you are not 100% protected if the virus mutates like the flu does. Not sure yet if they've determined if that can/will happen.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:54 AM

792 posts, read 4,481,380 times
Quote:
That's cool that you will have the option to stay home as long as you want.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:32 PM

4,299 posts, read 5,965,980 times
Chlorine is very effective at killing it. I'd rather be in a pool than any other type of fitness center once things start opening up.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:30 PM

174 posts, read 92,669 times
Bathrooms at pools is a BIG concern as well as limiting the number of people/social distancing. Our HOA legal council released a statement that's pretty tough, hire experts in cleaning and what amounts to a......bouncer-limiting the number of people at the pool and ensuring social distancing is observed.

Basically, we told you so and if you still proceed and someone gets sick, you are on your own on multiple levels. Remember this is a declared pandemic so insurance??????????

Old 04-29-2020, 05:04 PM

22,654 posts, read 36,662,452 times
Quote:
No it is only contagious through respiratory droplets. It's not transmissible through bodily fluids like HIV or ebola.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:58 PM

2,924 posts, read 3,330,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN56T View Post
Bathrooms at pools is a BIG concern as well as limiting the number of people/social distancing. Our HOA legal council released a statement that's pretty tough, hire experts in cleaning and what amounts to a......bouncer-limiting the number of people at the pool and ensuring social distancing is observed.

Basically, we told you so and if you still proceed and someone gets sick, you are on your own on multiple levels. Remember this is a declared pandemic so insurance??????????
Yes, the issues include high touch surfaces (tables and chairs that are most likely not cleaned even 1x daily during a normal pool season), the bathroom and adhearing to crowd limits.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:35 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,182,111 times
Crowd limits are what I wonder most about. Our HOA says they're anticipating opening the pool by end of May. I don't know if that is just to placate the masses in the hood, but they may be in for a surprise of the limit is say 50 people in a neighborhood of hundreds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary