Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 01:40 PM

478 posts, read 2,046,070 times

Advertisements

In a one week period last week, there were no less than six home break ins where we live in Cary. There were two just houses from us on either side.

In addition, there have been several car break-ins and thefts.

The subdivisions who experienced this are Park Village, Brookstone, MacCarthur, Ashley Woods. Those are the ones I know of, I'm wondering if anyone else here lives in a Cary neighborhood and has had break-ins lately?

Scary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 02:13 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,681,100 times
How did the burglars gain access to the vehicles?

Old 04-25-2008, 02:26 PM

Breaking the windows.

Smashing windows is also what happened to some of the burgled homes.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:41 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,657,757 times
I have not heard anything about our neighborhood having break ins. I have a car and house alarm (not foolproof but a deterent). I will email this post to my neighbors.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:59 PM

677 posts, read 1,903,874 times
I always notice in the Cary paper the number of cars broken into at shopping centers in broad daylight with people smashing a window and grabbing GPS, cell phone, or other easily removed objects. I guess it's a lesson to never leave anything in plain view.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:02 PM

32 posts, read 125,098 times
There was a problem here in Holly Springs where "kids" were taking things out of people's garages. Just don't make it easy for thieves to get your stuff. I try not to leave valuables in plain sight in my car.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:05 PM

My understanding is the HOA newsletters for at least our SD will include news of these burglaries. So hopefully the residents will be made aware.

We live in PV and had our GPS stolen out of our glovebox couple weeks ago. But it was my fault for feeling a wee bit too 'it's so safe here, Cary has little crime!' and not locking the car.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:09 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,681,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdolls4me View Post
I always notice in the Cary paper the number of cars broken into at shopping centers in broad daylight with people smashing a window and grabbing GPS, cell phone, or other easily removed objects. I guess it's a lesson to never leave anything in plain view.
It's also an indication that people may see these things going on and not report them. If you see a possible crime happening, please report it to the police!

Old 04-25-2008, 03:17 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
I'm not suprised. Out of all the "crime" in Cary, this is a pretty common occurrence. Not so much smashing the windows, but people stealing stuff out of unlocked cars and open garages.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:23 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,149,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
It's also an indication that people may see these things going on and not report them. If you see a possible crime happening, please report it to the police!
My bet is that people are reporting it to the police. My sister-in-law witnessed a break-in to her car in North Raleigh. Some community-minded Progress Energy employees had also spotted him and followed him. However, by the time police caught up to the guy he had dumped the stuff with a partner. My sister-in-law had to pick the perpetrator out of a line-up. If she hadn't been able to do that the whole case would have gone nowhere (and even so I'm not sure where it went). So if you see someone committing a crime, try to get a *good* look at them. The police can't be everywhere at once, and by the time they are called the criminals know how to get out of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary