Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2008, 09:43 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,910,881 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at condos online in the Durham area and have found an attractive place at 154 FINSBURY STREET, Durham - Lowes Grove/RTP, NC 27703. Since I don'tl ive in Durham, I don't know anything about the area. My concern is that this particular condo has been on the market for almost 600 days. Is there a problem with this area? Any info will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 06:23 AM

140 posts, read 440,920 times
I googled the address you gave and found a 154 Finsbury in 27709, not 27703. However it could be right on the border between the zips?

If that is the one then it is pretty much within the RTP itself which makes it a fairly safe and in some ways convenient location. The only thing is that the complex is pretty much the only residential complex in amongst office buildings and there aren't a lot of restaurants or shopping in the immediate vicinity. However there is a new strip mall a couple of miles down the road and Southpoint Mall is probably 15 minutes away at most.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:19 AM

6 posts, read 29,767 times
154 Finsbury is actually a higher end townhouse in Davis Park off Davis Drive adjacent to RTP. The zip is 27603. The development has only been around for about 2 years. They have townhouses, condos, and new lofts under construction. As for the 600 days the townhouse has been listed, that is the time since the LOT was platted for presale (many of the units presold). The unit has only been finished a short time.

Finsbury is the first phase of a very large mixed use development known as Davis Park that will extend across Davis Drive to the railroad tracks on Hopson Road (developed by the same folks as Meadowmont in Chapel Hill). The approved zoning contains townhomes, condos, lofts, a couple of apartment communities, office, and retail. It is a great location no more than 10 minutes from Brier Creek, Southpoint, 5 minutes from the Harris Teeter and the new big Sams/Walmart complex in Morrisville. I've been there a year and love it. I'm looking forward to walking to neighborhood stuff in the future. I commute to downtown Raleigh opposite the heavy traffic (the other half works in RTP).

As for the neighborhood, it is surrounded by RTP on 2 sides and commercial across the railroad to the east. Just to the south is Morrisville, some office and high-end industrial, and lots of new residential in Kitts Creek (fun funky houses) and the cheaper built and priced homes in Keystone. Look at google maps and you'll see tons of residential construction in the area, and it's out of date by at least a year. Davis Park has a nice sales office. The website is: davisparkrtp.com

Old 04-30-2008, 03:37 PM

6 posts, read 29,767 times
Sorry autumngal.

Barbj, there are a couple of units for re-sale at Davis Park, so that might aid in cost negotiation if you're really interested in the development. The condo's are also very nice. You can probably google Finsbury, Durham, NC to find any listings, or go thru MLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary