Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 06:54 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,382 times

Advertisements

Old US 1, north and south of New Hill.

I'm sure some leggings/spandex wearers can add to this list as well.

This helpful compilation is being started after seeing such increases in booze sales and folks drinking all day, based on what I see in daily mugshots https://twitter.com/WakeCountyMugs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2020, 06:59 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,270,100 times
What?

Old 05-15-2020, 07:06 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,726,364 times
Eh? I don't think bikers need a list to know what to avoid. People are going to bike wherever they're comfortable biking.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:10 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
People just look through bookings and look up addresses? smh

Old 05-15-2020, 07:31 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
old people and the internet can be a dangerous combination. they don't have to Mrs. Kravitz from their living room window - which is now of course socially acceptable - they can learn how to find stuff on the WWW.

Thankfully, my 77 yr old mom refuses to use alarms, reminders, and Notes on her iPhone so I know she's not whiling away the hours cyberstalking.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:32 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times
I don't get the point of this thread? (Also I've never worn leggings/spandex in my life haha)

If you live in a municipality, there will likely be bike maps that show preferred routes
(Raleigh for example: https://maps.raleighnc.gov/bikemap/)

Another tool to find bike friendly routes is to look at the Strave heatmap (where bikers tend to go, the thicker the line, the more cyclists) - https://www.strava.com/heatmap#13.27...6/bluered/ride

Old 05-15-2020, 07:36 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,270,100 times
The thread has nothing to do with bicycling. He made a creative title as a cover to push something else.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:44 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
old people and the internet can be a dangerous combination. they don't have to Mrs. Kravitz from their living room window - which is now of course socially acceptable - they can learn how to find stuff on the WWW.

Thankfully, my 77 yr old mom refuses to use alarms, reminders, and Notes on her iPhone so I know she's not whiling away the hours cyberstalking.
haha funny post I saw on Facebook the other day

Boomers in the 90s: You can’t cite online sources in your final paper because there’s no trusting anything you read on the internet.
Boomers now: This video from RedLibertyAssault69 proves Bill Gates made COVID19 on Mars.

Old 05-15-2020, 07:52 AM

5,329 posts, read 3,210,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
The thread has nothing to do with bicycling. He made a creative title as a cover to push something else.
Well they're not good at that either because I have no idea of the relevance of the thread title or the body of his/her post.

Apparently the topic is about drinking all day then starting threads about bicyclists?

Old 05-15-2020, 08:02 AM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Well now, I challenge the naysayers, all of youse, start a better thread!

Pizza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
What?
You get a Pizza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Eh? I don't think bikers need a list to know what to avoid. People are going to bike wherever they're comfortable biking.
You get a Pizza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
People just look through bookings and look up addresses? smh
You get a Pizza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post

You get a Pizza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I don't get the point of this thread? (Also I've never worn leggings/spandex in my life haha)

If you live in a municipality, there will likely be bike maps that show preferred routes
(Raleigh for example: https://maps.raleighnc.gov/bikemap/)

Another tool to find bike friendly routes is to look at the Strave heatmap (where bikers tend to go, the thicker the line, the more cyclists) - https://www.strava.com/heatmap#13.27...6/bluered/ride
You get a Pizza!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Well they're not good at that either because I have no idea of the relevance of the thread title or the body of his/her post.

Apparently the topic is about drinking all day then starting threads about bicyclists?
And, You get a pizza!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary