Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2020, 06:41 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,667,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
Hmm, I don't think I did "jump on him" and I don't get why you would say that. I would suggest your question should be: Why did he respond to the OP? If one can't help answer the question, then why engage the OP? Especially when there is an undercurrent of judgey-ness in the response, which is exactly what the OP is seeking to avoid in his healthcare provider.

I read your post again and maintain that you jumped on him. I saw no evidence of an undercurrent but saw evidence that you read an undercurrent. <shrug> Differences, I suppose.

Regardless, hope the OP finds what his is looking for. There are several members here who are in the community that have been helpful on similar issues in the past who will probably respond once they see the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 06:55 PM

628 posts, read 396,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
I read your post again and maintain that you jumped on him. I saw no evidence of an undercurrent but saw evidence that you read an undercurrent. <shrug> Differences, I suppose.
Yes, I suppose so. My apologies to SVT if he thinks i was out of line.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:58 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,919,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I was explaining my experience in the area and asking, I wasn't judging the OP's request, I just didn't know how someone even knows the sexual preference of their doctor.

I wasn't approving nor disapproving of the OP's desire haha My sister is gay, I have gay friends, this is just something I have never even considered. smh
Well your sister will tell you that lesbians in general, have felt so uncomfortable discussing their unique (maybe) needs or issues that most don't go a doctor at all.

I mean they have historically avoided going to the doctor to such an extent that it shows up statistically in their liife-spans, disease rates, etc.

They are worse than gay men, and I too would be asking for a gay-friendly referral if I lived in Raleigh, because it's not like you can talk about your partner or husband casually without some people flinching from not expecting it up there.

We are still the most despised minority group worldwide, and will be thrown off the tops of buildings or executed still in certain parts of the world.

Raleigh doesn't have a large, outspoken and visible gay population, so this is a reasonable inquiry.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:53 PM

6,429 posts, read 9,767,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
Well your sister will tell you that lesbians in general, have felt so uncomfortable discussing their unique (maybe) needs or issues that most don't go a doctor at all.

I mean they have historically avoided going to the doctor to such an extent that it shows up statistically in their liife-spans, disease rates, etc.

They are worse than gay men, and I too would be asking for a gay-friendly referral if I lived in Raleigh, because it's not like you can talk about your partner or husband casually without some people flinching from not expecting it up there.

We are still the most despised minority group worldwide, and will be thrown off the tops of buildings or executed still in certain parts of the world.

Raleigh doesn't have a large, outspoken and visible gay population, so this is a reasonable inquiry.
Maybe they do, I have no experience in that. My sister was in the medical field in the Navy so she did not avoid anything medical, she had surgeries and broken bones while serving, I guess this is why I was naive about asking a doctor about their sexual friendliness in the civilian world.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:36 AM

3 posts, read 1,933 times
I can't thank you enough! Your kindness is appreciated. Peace!

Old 05-20-2020, 07:40 AM

3 posts, read 1,933 times
You hit the nail right on the head Stede

Old 05-20-2020, 11:04 AM

6,817 posts, read 9,023,653 times
It seems every time there is a question about gay friendly anything, half of the responses are "why do you need XYZ"? Why don't we just suggest a solution to the OP? If we have nothing to offer, maybe keep it to ourselves?

I know I am exaggerating a bit here, but not much. In this case, if it makes the OP more comfortable why shouldn't he go to a certain doctor?

Old 05-20-2020, 11:18 AM

6,429 posts, read 9,767,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
It seems every time there is a question about gay friendly anything, half of the responses are "why do you need XYZ"? Why don't we just suggest a solution to the OP? If we have nothing to offer, maybe keep it to ourselves?

I know I am exaggerating a bit here, but not much. In this case, if it makes the OP more comfortable why shouldn't he go to a certain doctor?
Except no one said "why" lol I asked "how" because I didnt know how one went about that. smh

Old 05-20-2020, 11:30 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,667,756 times
Quote:
Except no one said "why" lol I asked "how" because I didnt know how one went about that. smh

Looks like Zitsky suspected biased intent. I did not see that.

Hopefully the OP got the answer so that we can let this die.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:35 AM

6,817 posts, read 9,023,653 times
Quote:
Then I apologize to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary