Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 04:48 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times

Advertisements

Speaking of Great Clips...a hairstylist with COVID-19 who worked at a Great Clips in Missouri, worked for eight days this month while symptomatic, exposing as many as 91 customers.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/23/us/mi...rnd/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 05:17 PM

18,046 posts, read 15,639,191 times
I'm going to rent out a Flowbee!

ka-ching.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:29 PM

179 posts, read 151,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
LOL, umm ok, sure. "The politicians wanted to re-open haircut businesses first, because it's important for their campaigns." Then why didn't they do so, hmm? Reality just deflated your sad balloon, sorry.
You mean you didn't notice hair salons and barber shops were one of the first categories to re-open? What's it like being in prison with limited access to the news?

Old 05-23-2020, 06:33 PM

628 posts, read 398,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skempter View Post
You mean you didn't notice hair salons and barber shops were one of the first categories to re-open? What's it like being in prison with limited access to the news?
You mean you didn't notice hair salons and barbershops were closed for 6 weeks? If politicians thought those services were so important they wouldn't have forced them to close in the first place. And virtually every business was allowed to reopen yesterday, with a few specific exceptions (gyms, bars, nightclubs). Your supposition doesn't hold water.

Sounds like you're the one living without access to news. And logic.

Last edited by Stede Bonnet; 05-23-2020 at 06:50 PM..

Old 05-23-2020, 06:38 PM

4,242 posts, read 946,663 times
Highly recommend Ashley Womble in Cary. Have gone to her for years. Great stylist and great person!

https://www.facebook.com/ashleymwomblehairdesign/

Old 05-27-2020, 12:51 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,996 times
Thx for the recommendations on hair stylists and salons. I’m checking them out online and they all look great! Can’t wait to get an appointment.

Old 05-27-2020, 02:56 PM

148 posts, read 170,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I'm going to rent out a Flowbee!

ka-ching.
I own a Flowbee and am an EXTREMELY happy Flowbee user since 1994. I made a decent amount of spending money back in college at $5 a cut out of my dorm room, and was thinking of re-starting that "business" as a DIY endeavor through the pandemic. I have a shed in the back yard that has power, light, and internet. I could put a full-length mirror in it. People could pay me a few bucks to go out to my shed, use the wifi to watch as many Flowbee YouTube videos as they like, and then try to cut their own hair. No refunds!

Old 05-27-2020, 03:10 PM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Disclaimer: I have not been overly paranoid about getting covid since this started. I'm cautious and careful to watch my own behavior. And will drive farther to patronize a store that is requiring masks, or who's customers tend to wear masks. (i.e. the Wal-Mart on Shiloh is worth the drive - at least 90% if customers wearing masks. The one in BC is unacceptable.)

So I Went to my regular hairdresser today for a cut and color. This is decidedly NOT a high-end, fancy salon. Except for a decreased staff - all of whom were wearing masks - there wasn't much different. Lots of hand sanitizer for clients and spay bottles for countertops.

Frankly, I wasn't entirely comfortable. When they didn't do anything about a guy who came in without a mask, I commented to my stylist about it. She clearly wasn't happy about it, but didn't do anything about it. She's also the owner.

Except for a visit to Home Depot, this was really the only other time I've felt uncomfortable outside my house.

BTW On my way out the door, this jerk told me to "have a nice day." My response of "It would have been better if you were wearing a mask" generated a few choice words from him in the parking lot.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:18 PM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKEBeck88 View Post
I own a Flowbee and am an EXTREMELY happy Flowbee user since 1994. I made a decent amount of spending money back in college at $5 a cut out of my dorm room, and was thinking of re-starting that "business" as a DIY endeavor through the pandemic. I have a shed in the back yard that has power, light, and internet. I could put a full-length mirror in it. People could pay me a few bucks to go out to my shed, use the wifi to watch as many Flowbee YouTube videos as they like, and then try to cut their own hair. No refunds!
Growing up in the '60s, my Dad used his Oster clippers to cut my hair out on our driveway. If any of my friends came by, he would cut theirs too. In today's society, that would probably result in a lawsuit.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:30 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKEBeck88 View Post

Franchise!
I know a guy who will build the sheds!

Getcher FlowBees Here!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...e&_sacat=31762
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary