Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2020, 08:48 AM

560 posts, read 951,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFTMQEA View Post
Or, you could just mind your own business.
Sharing observations of restaurants that are taking reasonable precautions and those that are not are helpful to everyone and definitely everybody's business. Just like people use the food sanitation scores as a guideline for whether to patronize a business, the same attention should be given to the actions that they take for preventing the transmission of the virus that causes COVID-19 .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 08:53 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 22 days ago)

43,176 posts, read 76,815,786 times
Even if we delve into POTUS's attempt to leverage the Republican Convention location against Gov. Cooper, it would appear that the Good Ship CD COVID-19 has left the Triangle Port completely!

Old 05-25-2020, 08:53 AM

3,727 posts, read 2,044,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFTMQEA View Post
I'm not certain of what this doctors beliefs are regarding the current state of medicine, but today's scientific communities answer to healthcare is pharmaceuticals. Should we blindly believe the "experts" who peddle pharma as the solution?
Your line of questioning is exposing your position. You have placed a false dichotomy in a situation where there isn't one. This isn't a "Box A or Box B, Coke or Pepsi" topic.

Of course Pharma isn't the solution (ha, what does pharma have to do with mask wearing at all?) to every scratch, cut, illness, disease, injury, pain, procedure.....but it can be the solution to some of them.

My wife, and me by extension, are all for holistic/alternative approaches. Both my kids were delivered via un-medicated, natural v birth. My wife wanted no drugs to deal with pain or increase contraction effectiveness. She wanted to do her thing at her pace with any methods she wanted; hot shower, hip rocking, yoga ball etc etc etc etc . By US standards, my wife sought an "alternative birthing method" when the reality is, all she wanted was a birth as close to what occurs in nature as possible.

I think your missing my point. I am not bashing the practice of holistic/natural/Eastern medicine (aka the "non pharma" approach) in the slightest. I would happily pursue acupuncture or cupping if I had an affliction that it could help vs say taking a pill to mask it.

But forgive me if I see a Doctor at a rally get debunked for what he is stating as it isn't factual, with these rallies largely being the next anti-vaxxer avenue, and I SMDH and laugh. You wanna be a QAnon or Anti Vaxxer or a "this is all a Conspiracy by Bill Gates and Big Pharma to implant mind control devices!!" doctor? It's a free country, be my guest. But that doesn't make your position factual or scientifically based, even if you have an MD or DO after your name.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:00 AM

6,356 posts, read 5,448,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
I mean where's the Doctor who lives in Florida who spends her off time recording QAnon videos from her vehicle when you need her?

His Gadsden Flag pin surely is there to imply he seeks the scientific truth when it comes to his practice of Medicine.
Had to google QAnon. Yikes. The dystopian novel just keeps writing itself here in this dimension.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:13 AM

22,652 posts, read 36,657,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Had to google QAnon. Yikes. The dystopian novel just keeps writing itself here in this dimension.
President Snow is waiting in the wings

Old 05-25-2020, 09:20 AM

598 posts, read 331,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Most of the "preventative measures" are nothing more than a feel-good measure. Like posted earlier, the lack of critical thinkers is very disheartening. Problem is those walking around with a mask actually think they're protecting their self by wearing it also think they're one of the critical thinkers. Such a shame.
Can't tell if you're being deliberately obtuse or what. Cloth and surgical masks are recommended as a safety measure to protect others, in case you're asymptomatic. They are a common sense safety measure for the general public in a pandemic that is primarily spread by respiratory droplets. The virus remains most viable and infectious when it's traveling in those respiratory droplets. And I bet you'd find more doctors and epidemiologists that agree with that as opposed to agreeing with Dr. RX For Liberty.

You can bash the MSM and Facebook all you want, but remember: you are just as at risk as anyone else of falling into the same traps set by whatever media you choose to consume that happens to fall in line with your own ideological leanings.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:23 AM

3,727 posts, read 2,044,060 times
Quote:

We are in the coalescing portion of the Voltron Conspiracy Looney Tunes timeline.

Anti-Vaxxers, QAnon, Plandemic, "Don't Tread on Me, The Constitution protects my right to do whatever the F I want in a store" have combined like the opening line to Captain Planet cartoon from my youth.

All we're missing is Electrolytes and President Camacho firing his SAW from the podium during a State of the Union from reaching full Idiocracy.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:37 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,570,114 times
Quote:
The founder of twitter tweeted out a pizza emoji the other day and the QAnon people all lost their minds and accused him of being a satanist and a child molester.

I wish I were kidding.

Old 05-25-2020, 12:09 PM

6,650 posts, read 5,561,706 times
I’m reading the book “Educated” by Tara Westover right now and it shows some insight into the dangers that going to far down the road of being anti intellectualism can be.

Old 05-25-2020, 12:16 PM

17,821 posts, read 15,478,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Problem is those walking around with a mask actually think they're protecting their self by wearing it
It helps protect others from the mask wearer's spewage of respiratory droplets. If mask-wearer is infected but asymptomatic it can help reduce passing on the virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary