Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2020, 06:01 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
No, they are required when social distancing isn't possible:

Section 1. Wearing of Face Coverings. All persons who are present within the jurisdiction of the City of Raleigh are required to wear a clean face covering any time they are, or will be, in contact with other people who are not household members in public or private spaces where it is not possible to maintain social distance or where recommended social distancing practices are not being followed. These spaces include grocery stores, pharmacies, business locations, parking lots, sidewalks, and public transit. While wearing the face covering, it is essential to still maintain social distance insofar as possible since social distancing is the best defense against the spread of the COVID-19.
Ah. Ok. Thank you for researching it further.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
I too don't get the elected officials hypocrisy thing, the mayor's behaviour and that picture of all those in session with no masks.

There was a TV interview few days ago of a restaurant owner whose restaurant got vandalized not once but twice - that Saturday and that Sunday night, it may have been Beasley's Chicken + Honey. She really lambasted the mayor for not instituting the curfew sooner and the chief of police for not providing better (any) protection. Hard for me to not take her side in that. And she's not stopping there, I think the downtown shop owners are taking action.

She said something to the effect of "...bless her heart she wanted that job for so long and failed the first chance she got..".

Edit: I was wrong about the restaurant, this was what I saw: https://abc11.com/society/restaurant...chaos/6248633/
It's what happens when politics run your policing force. Honestly, I do not blame the police at all, especially now. In Atlanta, they just flat out aren't even answering calls. What a year, 2020 is one for the books.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:05 PM

628 posts, read 399,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I'm not arguing. I'm just over the "do as we say, not as we do" mentality and complete lack of leadership of elected officials. Honestly it kinda feels like I'm in crazy land with everyone ok with the stuff going on.
Actually Roy Cooper IS providing leadership. You obviously don't agree with his decisions, but he is absolutely providing leadership. As are most governors and mayors. The president is the one failing in that department.

No one is "ok" with everything going on, but most of us are reasonable enough to recognize no one has all the answers and are willing to provide some grace to our leaders, recognizing that most of them are doing the best they can.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:07 PM

628 posts, read 399,608 times
Quote:
Ah. Ok. Thank you for researching it further.
Perhaps you should do your own research before making blanket, accusatory statements and complaints.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:34 PM

1,462 posts, read 659,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
Actually Roy Cooper IS providing leadership. You obviously don't agree with his decisions, but he is absolutely providing leadership. As are most governors and mayors. The president is the one failing in that department.

No one is "ok" with everything going on, but most of us are reasonable enough to recognize no one has all the answers and are willing to provide some grace to our leaders, recognizing that most of them are doing the best they can.
Bravo. That was beautifully said Stede.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:14 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,424 times
Quote:
I'm not arguing. I'm just over the "do as we say, not as we do" mentality and complete lack of leadership of elected officials. Honestly it kinda feels like I'm in crazy land with everyone ok with the stuff going on.
Don't you live in DFW now?

Old 06-18-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Don't you live in DFW now?
It's starting to feel like it

But no

Old 06-19-2020, 03:11 AM

1,062 posts, read 2,252,004 times
Oh well, maybe I’ll just drive to Wake Forest or another part of Wake County when I dine out. It’s a shame that too many people are following this “fear nonsense.” Statistics, facts and research don’t justify mask wearing. If someone’s immune system is compromised, by all means it may be a good idea to stay home and minimize exposure to crowds. For healthy, non symptomatic individuals, in my opinion it is ridiculous to live in perpetual fear of a virus that seems to have a 99% recovery rate. For centuries we’ve been exposed to viruses and bacteria, and a healthy immune system cures most illnesses.

To each it’s own, but unreasonable restrictions of freedom is unacceptable. Again, key word is unreasonable.

Old 06-19-2020, 03:28 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Oh well, maybe I’ll just drive to Wake Forest or another part of Wake County when I dine out. It’s a shame that too many people are following this “fear nonsense.” Statistics, facts and research don’t justify mask wearing. If someone’s immune system is compromised, by all means it may be a good idea to stay home and minimize exposure to crowds. For healthy, non symptomatic individuals, in my opinion it is ridiculous to live in perpetual fear of a virus that seems to have a 99% recovery rate. For centuries we’ve been exposed to viruses and bacteria, and a healthy immune system cures most illnesses.

To each it’s own, but unreasonable restrictions of freedom is unacceptable. Again, key word is unreasonable.
Study after study has come out stating that masks protect others and justify mask wearing, but you just keep listening to your high school friend on facebook that posted that meme

Old 06-19-2020, 03:56 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post

I better pass on this one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary