Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2020, 07:42 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,719,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
The real question is was there secondary spread. The CDC doc says that will come in a later report.
There most likely was with that number of people infected.

Kid gets picked up from camp, mom/dad take them home, hugs/kisses, potential stops on the way home, and more terribleness happens.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:15 AM

2,584 posts, read 1,868,065 times
I saw a few days ago about a third of one baseball team is out with infections, and Saturday night they were questioning whether this season would be scrapped.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:24 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,336,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2land View Post
24 Nursing Facilities on this list which means the vast majority in Wake have had an outbreak. The majority of LTC outbreaks are in Nursing Facilities.

https://info.ncdhhs.gov/dhsr/data/nhlist_co.pdf

I don't know how many Resident Facilities there are. I'd assume a good number more.

96 care facilities here. Don't know if that includes Senior Residential

Senior and Adult Services
There only need to be 2 people at the nursing home infected for it to be categorized as a outbreak.

Old 08-02-2020, 09:00 PM

750 posts, read 852,805 times
Who thinks we will be going to phase 3 on 7 Aug ? I think that was the date phase 2 was extended until.

Old 08-03-2020, 05:07 AM

492 posts, read 1,151,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkitten View Post
Who thinks we will be going to phase 3 on 7 Aug ? I think that was the date phase 2 was extended until.
How have these phases helped us so far? I think by now those who want to be as safe as they can are already practicing those guidelines. Those that don’t take care are already not taking care and will continue to do so. Allow biz to open and let owners and customers decide. Phase 3 will not affect me. I won’t sit in restaurants or indoors with anyone. I will avoid any type of crowd or grouping. I don’t like the targeting of businesses by government.

I’m a so called essential (expendable is how it feels) worker. I am debating quitting my job because I feel so unsafe there. My company not doing anything except asking to wear masks.

These phases imo not had a huge impact on virus infections. It’s individuals practicing CDC guidelines that have had an impact.

Old 08-03-2020, 05:14 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,573,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkitten View Post

With our spineless "better safe than sorry" governor I think we'll stay right where we are until November.

Again, like I've been saying the entire time if they were serious about limiting spread they would've shut everything down again. But, instead, they mandated masks which gave people a false sense of security and now the spread is completely out of control. I just chuckle to myself as I keep my distance and watch these mask-wearers constantly touch their face. What's sad is in their mind they're safe from the virus.

Old 08-03-2020, 05:41 AM

242 posts, read 150,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
With our spineless "better safe than sorry" governor I think we'll stay right where we are until November.

Again, like I've been saying the entire time if they were serious about limiting spread they would've shut everything down again. But, instead, they mandated masks which gave people a false sense of security and now the spread is completely out of control. I just chuckle to myself as I keep my distance and watch these mask-wearers constantly touch their face. What's sad is in their mind they're safe from the virus.
They have really oversold the incremental value of masks, well the masks that are required and being used.

As far as Phase 3. I can't see us going there this week. The Governor is too locked in to current state. But it will be hard to ignore the low case numbers I predict we will see today and tomorrow. The way lag appears to have caught up, there is a good chance that one of the next two days will be the lowest 'reported' (aggregate cases) day since June. My best bet would be maybe the Governor throws gyms a bone and let's them reopen. I don't see him letting bars back anytime soon.

Old 08-03-2020, 05:57 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,573,751 times
Typical mental state of those allowing their self to be force-fed brain-numbing information by the media. Look at this hypocrite attempting to shame a woman for not wearing a mask in a grocery store. His mask is on his chin and he's invading her space. The pro-masker has just contributed to the spread of the virus. False sense of security at it's finest. Leave people the heck alone and stay out of their space and the virus spread would drop.

Yesterday while relaxing on the beach at Oak Island I watched a family set up shop less than 5' away from another couple who were just sitting there minding their business. There was plenty of other space along the beach. When the couple asked the family why they chose that spot the woman replied "Oh we didn't even notice you there". People are just walking around like zombies in a haze.

https://www.wwaytv3.com/2020/07/30/m...136R0uJ4OwDlGg

Meanwhile, in Sweden where a lockdown was never implemented their numbers plummets. Interesting. Maybe because people aren't walking around touching their faces?

https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-whic...IdUVf9UzsiD9Oo

Last edited by underPSI; 08-03-2020 at 06:22 AM..

Old 08-03-2020, 06:45 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,719,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Meanwhile, in Sweden where a lockdown was never implemented their numbers plummets. Interesting. Maybe because people aren't walking around touching their faces?

https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-whic...IdUVf9UzsiD9Oo
You stop reading before you get to this bit at the end?

Quote:
However, the Scandinavian nation ranks eighth among countries with the highest number of COVID-19 deaths per 100,000 people.
Calm down. I can't believe ya'll are still arguing about damn mask use 126+ pages into this thread.

Old 08-03-2020, 06:49 AM

6,651 posts, read 5,577,293 times
It’s tough finding an unbiased article about what’s happening with COVID in Sweden but I guess the BBC will have to do for now: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53498133
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.