Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2020, 05:40 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKlunk View Post
This is one of the stupidest opinions I've read in recent memory - I'd put it on par with moon landing and flat Earth conspiracies if it didn't put the public in danger. The former is far worse than the latter.

For whatever reason, this poster doesn't want to wear a mask, but they also don't want to take personal responsibility for their actions and admit that they're a danger to others. Or perhaps they don't want to be treated as a pariah by friends/families/neighbors. So they've contrived this hilarious stupid idea that masks reduce oxygen intake.

I'm sure that Three Wolves in Snow here will vehemently object to their dentist or surgeon wearing a mask the next time they go under the knife. I mean, who in their mind wants to be operated upon by an oxygen deprived sheep-person. (What's the singular for of sheeple?)

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall of TWiS's life to see other ways in which he/she justifies other selfish and antisocial behavior.
Moon Landing?
Obviously, a hoax. I knew a guy who.......
Flat Earth?
Everyone knows the Earth is hollow, and that is where the aliens park their spaceships.

When pseudo-science gets in the way of Truth, we get bilge like "moon landings," and flat or round Earths.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:57 AM

1,061 posts, read 2,250,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Sheeple, indeed. A fabric mask doesn't protect you, although many people are wearing them thinking that's the reason they're wearing them. They are only being worn in case someone has to sneeze or cough, they have their mask.

That's ridiculous. That's a ridiculous reason to wear a mask. And it's an even more ridiculous reason to "mandate" that people wear masks. But rest assured, that home made mask, the dust mask, the visor, the scarf, the t-shirt - none of that is actually protecting you. It may actually be hurting you as it cuts down on the amount of oxygen you would normally be getting into your system.

And they are even more pointless when people don't actually wear them over their face - hung down below the chin does what?

They are even more pointless when people are adjusting them and touching them all day - and then touching everything else out there.

The only mask that would protect you from anything is the n95 mask - and most people do not have that type of mask.
I agree! Especially the breathing and oxygen part.
At this point I’m convinced that those that worship the MSM and take what they say as gospel will follow any ridiculous suggestions because “experts” said so. Where are the experts that are contracting the ongoing narratives? That’s right, they are not on MSM because MSM shows us what they want us to see.

At this point I’m convinced that if today, the first official day of summer the MSM begins repeating the following, that most people will adhere to this....
”Research now shows that if you bark like a dog

Old 06-20-2020, 06:05 AM

628 posts, read 398,674 times
LOL

"Research now shows low IQ individuals don't understand basic science and grammar concepts."

Old 06-20-2020, 06:09 AM

“Research now shows that if you bark like a dog or like a sheep every hour while wearing a mask, your chances of getting the virus substantially decreases. Furthermore, if you do this, you have a much better chance of fighting off the virus at the early stages.”

I’m now convinced that if the news were to repeat this every hour, every day, that by the start of Fall, we will be seeing lots of barking mask wearing people.

Last edited by observer; 06-20-2020 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: Full write up did not appear on the post

Old 06-20-2020, 06:14 AM

18,042 posts, read 15,639,191 times
For data down to the zip code level, which is what I'm using to track in my area:

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard#zip-code-map

Scroll down 3/4 of the way to the bottom

You can search for any zip code in NC or just look at a particular county.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:18 AM

"Research now shows if you can't post a complete sentence on an internet forum you have no business passing judgement on actual scientists and doctors."

Old 06-20-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
For data down to the zip code level, which is what I'm using to track in my area:

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard#zip-code-map

Scroll down 3/4 of the way to the bottom

You can search for any zip code in NC or just look at a particular county.
Thanks for posting this.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Thanks for posting this.
Hopefully you can get someone to explain it to you.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:35 AM

Stede,
I see the shaming and the bashing of people not following MSM propaganda has begun...LOL..
So you think you are much better informed person?

Old 06-20-2020, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Stede, I see the shaming and the bashing of people not following MSM propaganda has begun...LOL..
And you're (attempting to) shame and bash people who are simply trying to be decent, considerate citizens. Which is, you know, sad and pathetic.

Quote:
So you think you are much better informed person?
No, not at all. I KNOW I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary