Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2020, 02:50 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
The COVID Task Force would be from the top, no? Drumpf took a hands off approach from the task force (other than his Sarah Cooper Pressers) by putting Dear Mother in charge correct? Frankly it's his one stroke of genius in this; air cover and plausible deniability.

Do you live under the impression that a single person is "the top"? That isn't how E-Levels, or candidly, the Mob, work. CMO/CTO/COO/CIO/CFO etc are still respective "tops" even though they aren't the actual CEO. When I read "came from the top" I read "came from the political leadership of [whichever department]" whether that was CDC, DHS, DHHS etc.

Hypothetically, IF there was "pressure from the top"; whether it was Drumpf, Dear Mother, Lobbyist Azar, Cherry Picker Redfield or Sheep in Wolf's clothing is frankly immaterial to the point and nothing more than splitting hairs for the sake of it. YMMV

ETA - To be clear, I don't think Drumpf personally wrote the document that changed the guidance on testing/quarantine in case that is what you think I am thinking.
I'm not sure who Dear Mother is unless it's Birx.

I think with the majority of Americans who digest the MSM, they willingly believe Trump made unilateral decrees.

Old 08-27-2020, 02:54 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
I don't have words....

Yet, in previous posts you tell us that you always wear a mask. How ironic.
Not understanding the correlation. Yes I wear a mask everywhere the mandate requires me to. That doesn’t mean I think masks are the way to end Covid.

Old 08-27-2020, 03:01 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I'm not sure who Dear Mother is unless it's Birx.

I think with the majority of Americans who digest the MSM, they willingly believe Trump made unilateral decrees.

Dear Mother = Mike Pence

Old 08-27-2020, 03:15 PM

376 posts, read 102,992 times
Quote:
Take some time to go through my posts here, since you're new. I have stated this thing was political from the get go, to the point more senior posters admonished me for "bringing up politics" or "hmmm that sounds political" - I think one actually tried to report me to the mods because I was "scaring people" and was "checked" for it .

I am not all of the sudden making this something I haven't viewed it from the beginning as. When you let the voting behaviors of a place determine how you handle something effecting said place...that's......well you get the point.
I don't think the virus itself is political. I don't think the guidance of the CDC is political. I think what politicians and supporters may decide to do during the pandemic may very well be political in some cases. The W.H.O. is an entirely different animal, so I will have to research that even more.

Old 08-27-2020, 03:22 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer & Manatee View Post
I don't think the virus itself is political. I don't think the guidance of the CDC is political. I think what politicians and supporters may decide to do during the pandemic may very well be political in some cases. The W.H.O. is an entirely different animal, so I will have to research that even more.
Of course the virus isn't political. A virus views us as nothing more than an incubator to reproduce. Human elements, such as political persuasions, are irrelevant. Your lungs and nose are nice and [m-word many people find icky] just the same as mine regardless of who we vote for/views of the society.

As for the CDC, as I said yesterday (I think it was yesterday) on here. If they have a scientific basis for the change in testing/quarantine guidance, they should share it. It would certainly shut my yapper (facts are facts, they aren't inconvenient). By not doing that, they allow the history of this admin to fill that void and "this admin" includes the cabinet officials/political appointees at DHS, DHHS, CDC.

And not having enough quality tests isn't a scientific basis. That is a condition we have a remedy for.

Old 08-27-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Doesn’t Abbot’s new rapid read test sorta remove said “bottleneck”?

LOL Conspiracy Theory.
it might, and it might not. Their April/May "rapid" test had up to 20% false negatives.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:00 PM

1,204 posts, read 778,349 times
Quote:
Dear Mother = Mike Pence
Technically it's Mike Pence's wife.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Take some time to go through my posts here, since you're new. I have stated this thing was political from the get go, to the point more senior posters admonished me for "bringing up politics" or "hmmm that sounds political" - I think one actually tried to report me to the mods because I was "scaring people" and was "checked" for it .

I am not all of the sudden making this something I haven't viewed it from the beginning as. When you let the voting behaviors of a place determine how you handle something effecting said place...that's......well you get the point.
Naive, amigo.

One thing that has been proven true about most of us humans - when we agree with what a government bureaucracy says, we approve of it. When we don't, we question it.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Funny I don't remember this. I could be wrong but what you posted sounds exactly like what you constantly did to me.

I have posted from day one this thing is political at least in reference to the mask mandate. Now it's obvious masks are a political statement. One democratic ad after another condemning those who don't wear masks. And the more information that comes out especially the latest CDC recommendation suggesting asymptomatic carriers don't spread the virus just shows I've been right all along.
please provide a link, because I haven't seen this at all.

Old 08-27-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Really? In one sentence he said everyone could have the virus and not know it. The next sentence he said everyone has the right to not live in fear, implying that if everyone wore a mask, you would never have to worry about covid. That’s not true - if you want to never worry about covid, you never leave your house.

Ironically masks do the opposite, by keeping everyone reminded that they should be fearful of spreading the virus to others. If Cooper really wanted to reduce fear, he wouldn’t do things like mess with numbers in order to support decisions like staying in phase two.
you took a leap of inference, but those who live in fear will find a reason to find fear.

I would agree that the moves Cooper has taken have played to, if not stoked, those fears.

It makes you wonder if the NCDHHS gave the UNC System any guidance on how to deal with COVID under realistic circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary