Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 10:54 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,540,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
You have to turn your car off. They won't let you idle.

Oh, I must have missed that in their 11 Park West rules: https://parkwestvillage.com/5959-2/

Oh well, I 'll just wait for this to open with zero-gravity seating:

https://www.wral.com/in-cary-buildin...life/19536119/

Last edited by K4GPB; 02-22-2021 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 02:49 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,594,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
maybe not a good idea...
  • gathering of cars with engines idling
  • carbon footprint stuff
  • owners of newer cars probably do not know how to put their push-button start car into accessory mode to run FM radio
  • automatic-on headlights that few know how to disable
Wow! That is a lot of assumptions! I guess your the brightest light on the block.

Old 02-22-2021, 03:35 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,752,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
You have to turn your car off. They won't let you idle.
That definitely wasn’t the case when we went to the showing of Grease at the frontier. We wanted to have the top open on our Jeep but people all around kept running their cars, which made it miserable as it was summer. If a place had an enforced that rule I’d think of going back.

Old 02-22-2021, 03:49 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,760,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
That definitely wasn’t the case when we went to the showing of Grease at the frontier. We wanted to have the top open on our Jeep but people all around kept running their cars, which made it miserable as it was summer. If a place had an enforced that rule I’d think of going back.
Wow that's surprising, went to the drive in at Caraway Village in Chapel Hill in the fall and they made sure everyone turned their car off. Well if they don't enforce that rule I won't be going.

Old 02-22-2021, 04:32 PM

422 posts, read 461,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
maybe not a good idea...
  • owners of newer cars probably do not know how to put their push-button start car into accessory mode to run FM radio
  • automatic-on headlights that few know how to disable
We actually went to a Suggs Cinema charity event in Holly Springs a few months ago, and the headlights / FM issue was a real thing. The first 15 minutes was spent with the volunteers going to door to door helping people figure out how to put their new car into accessory mode. The tail lights were uber annoying after dark if you were trying to watch the movie.

A quick google search told me how to do it on the wife's Rogue. Maybe it's a sign I'm getting old, I like a key I can turn.

Old 02-22-2021, 05:41 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,540,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Wow! That is a lot of assumptions! I guess your the brightest light on the block.

Yep, I actually witnessed (pre-covid) most items on that goofy list.

It was at local parks & rec after-dark baseball games with poorly-planned parking area behind home plate.
LED headlights in pitcher's eyes, diesel vehicles idling on cool nights, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary