Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 03:50 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,251,205 times

Advertisements

https://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1209073720

I have circled the area on this map where we would ideally like to live. We're currently off of Durant and want to be a little more centrally located. We realize we'll have to be closer to 540 than 440 because of our price range but we can dream!

Here's what we're after:

Single family homes, 2250+ sq. feet, lot sizes at least .25 acres, prefer a mature neighborhood (i.e. trees instead of houses under construction) with good schools.

Price range, low 300s ish

Anyone have any good ideas? We're not well-versed in the market and haven't really looked at a ton of other subdivisions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Subdivision recommendations requested-map.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 04:40 PM

43,426 posts, read 77,366,917 times
Thumbs up That is one B-I-G circle!

Raleigh:

Meredith Woods
Laurel Hills
Might get lucky in Brookhaven
Stonehenge
Springdale Estates
Springdale Gardens
Meredith Woods
Arlington Hills might give you a bargain
Valley Estates
Yorkshire Downs
Hedgemoor... Might be top end
Lakepark
Wyngate
Deblyn Park... But might be top end of the neighborhood
Kings Mill Village, again top end.

Cary:
Silver Oaks
Possibly Silverlake
Possibly Weston Pointe
Homestead is a very small neighborhood, and prices run higher, but you could get lucky on the low end. It is a beautiful wooded neighborhood.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:45 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,709,332 times
That part of Cary doesn't have the best elementary schools (not sure how important that is). They're okay, but I wouldn't be too excited about them.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:26 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,692,053 times
Although, from what I understand, the Leeville area schools do have a good reputation.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:32 PM

7 posts, read 23,727 times
Default A few more subdivisions in Raleigh

You might want to look at Crosswinds (next to Stonehenge between Creedmoor Rd and Lead Mine), and also Greystone Village. This is a very nice area with houses in your price range. You can also walk to Stonehenge Market (Harris Teeter, Ben & Jerry's, Stein Mart, etc). There are a lot of kids and friendly people. I am biased since I live here, but we were like you and were looking in this area a year ago. We found great houses to look at in these two neighborhoods. Good luck!

Old 04-24-2008, 07:00 PM

43,426 posts, read 77,366,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvNC2 View Post
You might want to look at Crosswinds (next to Stonehenge between Creedmoor Rd and Lead Mine), and also Greystone Village. This is a very nice area with houses in your price range. You can also walk to Stonehenge Market (Harris Teeter, Ben & Jerry's, Stein Mart, etc). There are a lot of kids and friendly people. I am biased since I live here, but we were like you and were looking in this area a year ago. We found great houses to look at in these two neighborhoods. Good luck!
Yes. And Yes.

That B-I-G circle encompasses a LOT of great neighborhoods.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:30 PM

121 posts, read 389,351 times
Default A few more Raleigh subdivisions to consider

From lowest to highest price range

Woodbury Estates
Dominion Park
Tiffany Woods
Oak Park
Cambridge
Turnberry
Wildwood Green
Pleasant GroveNorth Falls
Valley Lake/Greystone
North Hills/Woodbury
North Glen
Westlake
Hidden Valley
Shannon Woods

Old 04-24-2008, 09:43 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,836,959 times
Hidden Valley and Valley Estates are good neighborhoods. The houses are older, but newer ones are mixed in on both sides. Nice safe area with large lots and mature hardwood trees.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:57 AM

99 posts, read 326,658 times
Since you're not well versed in the market, you should find a Realtor and have them start you on a computer search. You can see the listing of every house on the market that meets your criteria and you can narrow it down from there. When you have the short list you can have your Realtor take you to go see them. That way, you won't be wasting time and gas driving around to all of the neighborhoods in that area.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:17 AM

835 posts, read 2,881,521 times
Reynolds Mill in Wake Forest. We've done alot of searching around the area looking at different subdivisions. It's the best we've seen. We feel we are getting alot of house for the money and quality is excellent. Orleans (builder) has over 90 years of experience.

Last edited by Strongasabear; 04-29-2008 at 12:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary