Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 05:36 PM

79 posts, read 356,021 times

Advertisements

Who from the north here misses tim hortons? I love everything about the triangle except for its choice of quick coffee places. I wish tim hortons would build a franchise down here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 PM

355 posts, read 1,502,944 times
My husband and i relocated to this region last sept after living in Ottawa, Canada. We miss Tim Hortons.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:18 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,824,312 times
I have a friend that loves this place. She's from Toronto. I've heard her talk about how much she misses Tim Horton's for the past 12 years. lol!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:42 PM

39 posts, read 142,588 times
i lived on buffalo for 3 months 6 years ago and I still miss tim hortons... i'm in Long Island.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:36 PM

38 posts, read 132,348 times
I lived in Rochester, NY and have missed Tim Horton's pecan butter tarts since I moved.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:20 AM

Default Ice Cap anyone?

I know that when the weather gets really hot down here I am going to majorly craving an Ice Cap!

My only saving grace since I got here is that I am working with a consulting group that is from an area that has Tim Hortons. I pay them to bring me cans of tim hortons to brew coffee myself. But it is not even close to the real thing.

I'm going to also miss roll up the rim to win around christmas time.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:41 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,936,083 times
Default You may be in luck....

Tim Horton's (a coffee & donut shop chain originating in Canada) is owned by Wendy's Restaurants. The Wendy's chain was recently bought by the same conglomerate that owns Arby's. Tim Horton's is also known for their great Soup & Sandwiches at lunch (with a donut for desert!).

Whereas Wendy's appeared to limit the Tim Horton's stores to areas close to the Canadian border, the new owners may take the chain national. Then again, NC is Krispy Kreme territory. Is there room for both players?

Old 05-04-2008, 06:10 AM

Default Krispy Kreme or Tim Hortons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Roger View Post
Tim Horton's (a coffee & donut shop chain originating in Canada) is owned by Wendy's Restaurants. The Wendy's chain was recently bought by the same conglomerate that owns Arby's. Tim Horton's is also known for their great Soup & Sandwiches at lunch (with a donut for desert!).

Whereas Wendy's appeared to limit the Tim Horton's stores to areas close to the Canadian border, the new owners may take the chain national. Then again, NC is Krispy Kreme territory. Is there room for both players?
I vote Tim Hortons. I heard about the Arby's take over, and do hope that Arby's will open more Tim Hortons.

Tim hortons will take on Krispy Kreme with no problem. I remember about 7 years ago when I was living in Buffalo, a few Krispy Kremes opened. It was a big deam and the opened Krispy Kremes where super busy for a few weeks. I remember that they had to have heated tents set up outside because of the customer line that went well out the door.

After that few weeks of hype, the store business leveled off, and about 5 years later, the majority of the Krispy Kremes that opened eventually had to close. They could just not compete with Tim Horton's coffee and donut goodness.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:42 AM

1,219 posts, read 4,218,376 times
I'm still in CT, and those Tim Horton's opened recently here-I had an experience with one, and let's just say, it will be the ONLY experience I have. Ugh. The egg salad sandwich was the worst I ever had, by far-the donut tasted like a day-old supermarket one, and the coffee was awful. I was actually shocked at how bad it was!

I don't think Krispy Kreme has much to worry about-Dunkin Donuts either. Tim Hortons was just awful.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderintonc View Post
I'm still in CT, and those Tim Horton's opened recently here-I had an experience with one, and let's just say, it will be the ONLY experience I have. Ugh. The egg salad sandwich was the worst I ever had, by far-the donut tasted like a day-old supermarket one, and the coffee was awful. I was actually shocked at how bad it was!

I don't think Krispy Kreme has much to worry about-Dunkin Donuts either. Tim Hortons was just awful.
Ok. I will not disagree that Tim Hortons donuts compared with Dunkin does not stand much of a chance. But, Tim Hortons coffee is like liquid crack. I seriously went into withdrawal when I moved from NY and did not have access to one. The south is where Krispy Kreme was born, but if Timmy Hoes would ever open a store here, they would not have a problem with getting business.

Call me obsessed, I just miss my Tim Hortons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary