Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2020, 09:08 AM

140 posts, read 144,187 times

Advertisements

My son has been going to Stephen, back when he was posted at Centrum in Cary (near BJs). Stephen then moved to Great Clips in the Shops of Kildaire (near Trader Joes). Found out he resigned recently.

If anyone knows him, could you please find out if he's still styling, somewhere else?

I know this isn't a big to-do; but, imagine you have a favorite stylist...and you only pay $12 for a haircut. Believe me, we're tried other GC stylists. Even though they have the "cut-style" details in their computer profile, numerous other stylists can't get it right.

Quick story. We happened to show up 30 mins early on a Sat, before opening. As we waited, the manager came to open and told her we wanted Stephen. A small line started to queue up. When they opened, Stephen had called to say he was running late. I kid you not, the people waiting in line were also there for Stephen and two more came in, requesting him. He arrived 5-10 mins late but when my son got in the chair, there were 5 people waiting specifically for Stephen (I kinda felt bad for the other stylists).

Anyhow, if any knows who I'm talking about and knows if he's still cutting hair locally, could you please let me know via reply or DM? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2020, 09:41 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,879,858 times
I would just ask the other stylists there....I'm sure they know where he went of if he's still there. Not all stylists are working at the same time to allow for social distancing so maybe you just went on days he's not there.

I wouldn't expect to get by with a $12 haircut....stylists are still hurting from being closed down and now with reduced volume of customers coming in so be a little extra generous on the tip to help them out. My stylist told me one day they only had four customers for the entire day....can't pay the bills on that.

Old 08-08-2020, 06:59 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I would just ask the other stylists there....I'm sure they know where he went of if he's still there. Not all stylists are working at the same time to allow for social distancing so maybe you just went on days he's not there.

I wouldn't expect to get by with a $12 haircut....stylists are still hurting from being closed down and now with reduced volume of customers coming in so be a little extra generous on the tip to help them out. My stylist told me one day they only had four customers for the entire day....can't pay the bills on that.
"$12 haircut from a desired stylist?" I inferred a minimum $10 tip.

Otherwise, the guy was working himself to death.
Woman who cut my hair at Lady Janes a few months ago told of having 3 customers in a row with no tip. That hurts, because the cheap cut prices bring traffic, but don't pay the stylists' bills.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:08 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
"$12 haircut from a desired stylist?" I inferred a minimum $10 tip.

Otherwise, the guy was working himself to death.
Woman who cut my hair at Lady Janes a few months ago told of having 3 customers in a row with no tip. That hurts, because the cheap cut prices bring traffic, but don't pay the stylists' bills.
They better hope she doesn't recognize their faces next time they come in

Old 08-08-2020, 10:15 AM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
They better hope she doesn't recognize their faces next time they come in
They were HS kids. She was cool about it, even though it was tough. Told me that she actually teaches a lot of kids how and how much to tip for various things. They just aren't taught.

Old 08-08-2020, 10:29 AM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enTERPRising View Post
My son has been going to Stephen, back when he was posted at Centrum in Cary (near BJs). Stephen then moved to Great Clips in the Shops of Kildaire (near Trader Joes). Found out he resigned recently.

If anyone knows him, could you please find out if he's still styling, somewhere else?

I don't know Stephen or have ever been to that shop, but just a suggestion for the future for anyone who finds a stylist they really like, especially if it's at a high turnover type place: always ask the stylist for their contact info (full name, cell number, email address) in case they leave, so you can follow them if they're still in the area and still cutting hair. The good ones always do leave at some point.

Having a devoted clientele would be something I'd think any stylist would appreciate, especially if and when they decide to strike out on their own or go with a more high-end shop.

Old 08-09-2020, 10:38 AM

185 posts, read 199,237 times
Actually it's better if u slip the stylist ur contact info, I know first hand. That stylist at chain salons cannot give out their info due to non compete issues and such.. so next time u find a stylist u like, slip them a piece of paper with ur information on it along with the tip..that way when the stylist does move on they can contact u with their new location... but also that new location will come with a new price tag... they have earned that!!!

Old 08-23-2020, 06:13 PM

1,462 posts, read 659,590 times
[quote=enTERPRising;58845445]My son has been going to Stephen, back when he was posted at Centrum in Cary (near BJs). Stephen then moved to Great Clips in the Shops of Kildaire (near Trader Joes). Found out he resigned recently.

Did anyone ever track down Stephen and find where he ended up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary