Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:18 AM

353 posts, read 1,366,418 times

Advertisements

Just curious about where there are some fine jewelers that carry high end diamonds, designer jewelry etc. Also, are they competetively priced? Given that we shopped in the diamond district of Manhattan to get my engagement ring - I realized while visiting the Chapel Hill area that they may not be competetively priced if there is not a lot of competition. Also, a friend who lives there told us she payed a bundle for a ring that I think she could have paid half for in Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 07:43 AM

Wow, does no one like jewelry in the area? Not one response. Hmmm?

Old 05-05-2008, 08:11 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
i dont know about prices etc. but there are a few jewelry stores here: K jewelery, Jared's, i guess all the chains.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:26 AM

1,190 posts, read 4,047,733 times
Default reply

Jolly's and Bailey's are both very well thought jewelers that have been around for generations. Avoid the chains.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:39 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I love Bailey's but they do tend to be a bit pricey.

CSI for diamonds is great. Its located off Capital Blvd.

As for a chain, I like Jarads but they tend to be a bit pushy. I went to hubby to get a tag watch and hubby likes to take his time when he spends any kind of money! They kept sending over the manager of watches and then the store manager to "reel us in". I finally told them that hubby didn't need someone to "sell" him the watch but he did need some time to take it all in.

I hate being "sold" anything!!!

Vicki

Old 05-05-2008, 09:20 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,725 times
CMI on Capital for loose stones is hard to beat.

If you're looking for high end creative and artistic jewelry, I'd recommend checking out Jewelsmith in Durham. They have some really great stuff...prices certainly aren't cheap, but I don't think they're unrealistically high, either.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:28 AM

159 posts, read 608,742 times
Quote:
If you're looking for high end creative and artistic jewelry, I'd recommend checking out Jewelsmith in Durham. They have some really great stuff...prices certainly aren't cheap, but I don't think they're unrealistically high, either.
I second the Jewelsmith referral in Durham. I know one of the designers and have seen a lot of his work (and examples from his colleagues as well). There's some great, creative, and unique jewelrymaking going on there! (I'm not sure how they compare with regards to loose stones however...) I also like how you can work with the designer to make each piece personal.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I am looking for high end/fashion. It really was more for curiousity because there is a real high end chain around us that is in the luxury malls, called Baileys Bank and Biddle, and it has expensive but beautiful diamond and fashion jewelry. I was just curious if that exists there because I am not familiar with the jewelers in the NC area. I am not a big jewelry person, but it is nice to know there are some good options if I wanted to buy something. Does the jewelers like Baileys and Jolly's carry David Yurman? Also, watches like Cartier, Ebel, Piaget?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:10 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,693,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaZ View Post
Thanks for the responses. Yes, I am looking for high end/fashion. It really was more for curiousity because there is a real high end chain around us that is in the luxury malls, called Baileys Bank and Biddle, and it has expensive but beautiful diamond and fashion jewelry. I was just curious if that exists there because I am not familiar with the jewelers in the NC area. I am not a big jewelry person, but it is nice to know there are some good options if I wanted to buy something. Does the jewelers like Baileys and Jolly's carry David Yurman? Also, watches like Cartier, Ebel, Piaget?
Try Finks. They carry David Yurman and Cartier. They're at Southpoint. I've had good luck with them. I would consider them higher quality than Bailey, Banks and Biddle.

Fink's Jewelers - Home

Old 05-06-2008, 09:43 AM

Fink's is just what I was looking for! Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary