Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdust View Post
None of the four local triangle Trek stores had inventory for this model?

REI (Cary) appears to have some local inventory at the Marlin price point.
There is a small bike shop in Four Oaks, NC. its about 28 miles from Raleigh. Been there for several years cant think of the name. I have been hitting yard sales etc. i noticed Walmart was out of bikes and I ended up with an Old 1971 3speed someone traded me for a locksmith job. I like older stuff. That was the first one I started working on and its still i a state of no tires yet. I found the bike shop in Four Oaks and he's got the place filled with all kinds of bikes. Since then I have somehow gotten two more old 1970s 3 speeds . one for free and another for $5 . I had to basically clean them and oil them and put new rubber on the rims and they are like mint gold. they ride so good. while i was making my rounds as a locksmith I found two old 1992 mountain style bikes under a collapsed barn. they were rusted so bad that the handlebars would not turn on either. i decided to make them into stump jumpers to have a good time with. I painted everything on them and cleaned out the wheels and believe it or not I just filled up the tires up and they needed no patching. They are heavy too. we have been using them to ride across cow fields and jump fences in a kind of cannonball run against each other on a cross country course that begins each saturday with one of the group saying here's the course and go. sometimes you have to put the bike on your shoulders and cross a rope bridge or something and find 5 golden chanterelles in the woods or some other scavenger thing. since then i found three big tire beach style cruisers and fixed them up too. Now I have 6 bikes and enjoy fixing them .and painting them with custom paint job. i seen a few like your looking while working and asked if they were for sale but im not in to spending several hundred $ on a nice one. Just enjoy fixing up the junk I find or the old ones . BUT, the Four Oaks bike shop has a lot of bike inventory that I saw. Maybe he has what your looking and check around the flea markets and yard sales this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2020, 11:17 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,149,836 times
I was able to find a good reasonably priced hybrid at All Star Bikes, but this was back in the late spring.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:10 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,862,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
I was able to find a good reasonably priced hybrid at All Star Bikes, but this was back in the late spring.
Same here, and last we were back there a couple months ago the pickings were slim. Production may have since picked up. At the Raleigh stores some of the accessories have dwindled.

The people at The Bicycle Chain are really good.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:15 PM

4,000 posts, read 10,821,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Is that from the early 1990's? You can sell that so quickly in west Cary!
Yes, it is a 1993 IIRC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary