Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2020, 07:44 AM

25,119 posts, read 16,149,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
I totally feel ya! And I agree that in the immediate future high risk groups should be the focus and having vaccine available for them should make a big difference. But as far as getting back to normal, I think it's going to take more than that and addressing vaccine hesitancy and anti-vax campaigns is going to be important. That is all. To be clear, I am not saying that schools need to be or should be closed until all children can be vaccinated just that I don't think things will start getting back to normal until vaccines are widely available and have a high uptake. Honestly, I'm not quite sure what I've said that's so controversial, but I've probably said all I can say on this. I will bow out now.
Oh, you haven't been controversial/combative as...well, you know. I'm just tired of hearing/seeing/thinking "Wow, what's the worst thing they can do?" and then that actually being done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2020, 07:50 AM

25,119 posts, read 16,149,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSentinel View Post
Duke Raleigh is included in the DHPC and Rex is in the MCRHC. Wake County numbers are therefore split into three different regions. DHHS is giving correct numbers, but they are not parsed out in a way for the general public to get a true picture of Wake County as a whole. Some of the local hospitals may need to decide on cutting back on elective procedures in the next week to keep beds ready. Some are already seeing nursing and other personnel shortages due to essential personnel out with infections. A mid-January hospitalization peak may be reasonable for forecasting planning purposes.
and apparently Federal HHS has now decided to provide individual hospital info, though I haven't looked at it/don't know how up-to-date it is.

Old 12-12-2020, 12:50 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,698,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
The DHHS stats for currently hospitalized in CAPRAC is 191, which doesn't really check out with you saying you have 120 or whatever at a single hospital. It's not that I think you're lying, I'm just trying to understand where the discrepancy is.

I don't know why you're getting so defensive - as usual I'm just trying to understand because it's very rare that anything covid-related makes sense to me when I actually dig into actual numbers. Who should I believe, a random guy on CD that works at the hospital, or the DHHS? Again that's nothing against you, it's just extremely frustrating as an outsider to try and really understand what's going on locally and make a risk assessment for myself. It shouldn't be that way. I refuse to take the media's word for it, and the DHHS should be the end all be all. But from what you're saying, the DHHS is not giving us correct numbers.

Understood - it's obvious that the Trump admin has created a false sense of information for most sources.

Then why would you not try to actually get information from people who work in the hospital. You sitting at home in west Cary and looking at numbers all day, and then come on CD and post your thoughts, doesn't have much merit.

Old 12-12-2020, 01:19 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,232,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Understood - it's obvious that the Trump admin has created a false sense of information for most sources.

Then why would you not try to actually get information from people who work in the hospital. You sitting at home in west Cary and looking at numbers all day, and then come on CD and post your thoughts, doesn't have much merit.
Don't you work in a hospital? This is why I'm asking you, but instead you just want to give me a hard time. I apologize that as an outsider the data doesn't make sense to me.

Old 12-12-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Don't you work in a hospital? This is why I'm asking you, but instead you just want to give me a hard time. I apologize that as an outsider the data doesn't make sense to me.

You are the one give everyone on the damn internet a hard time. F' the data! That's exactly what you like to do, right?

It's obvious you are in west Cary - so why don't you find more accurate information this this BS C-D we got goin on here?

I just came home and ran through each covid-19 floor- it's out of control. If you really think the stats are wrong, shouldn't you walk away from this stupid ass C-D website? I hope you really do.

On the medical side, nobody F-ing listened, Trump was useless and now at our hospital, we are extremely worried and and in trouble.

Old 12-12-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
You are the one give everyone on the damn internet a hard time. F' the data! That's exactly what you like to do, right?

It's obvious you are in west Cary - so why don't you find more accurate information this this BS C-D we got goin on here?

I just came home and ran through each covid-19 floor- it's out of control. If you really think the stats are wrong, shouldn't you walk away from this stupid ass C-D website? I hope you really do.

On the medical side, nobody F-ing listened, Trump was useless and now at our hospital, we are extremely worried and and in trouble.
I'm lost at this point. It seems you're having a rough day and I legitimately apologize if I contributed to that.

Old 12-12-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I'm lost at this point. It seems you're having a rough day and I legitimately apologize if I contributed to that.

Damn right it's a rough day - census of 64 COVID-19 inpatients before Thanksgiving and today we are at 127 COVID-19 inpatients. Go ahead and do whatever you want with statistics. Thank your blessings you don't work in a hospital and you sit in west Cary and look at numbers all day.

Old 12-12-2020, 04:04 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,381,906 times
Quote:
Damn right it's a rough day - census of 64 COVID-19 inpatients before Thanksgiving and today we are at 127 COVID-19 inpatients. Go ahead and do whatever you want with statistics. Thank your blessings you don't work in a hospital and you sit in west Cary and look at numbers all day.
Maybe you are trying to be dramatic but that doesn't really sound that bad tbh

Old 12-12-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Really the basis behind what was asking is to try and figure out whether the NCDHHS statistics are accurate, because unfortunately important decisions are made based solely on those numbers. If those numbers are not accurate (in either direction), I personally like to understand that.

I'm not a denier. Covid is real and the current increase in hospitalizations and deaths is real. I haven't seen my parents and siblings in 9 months, and only do things outside the house that I have to. I like to understand the data, and I'm sorry that annoys you.

I respect all who work in hospitals very much. I hope things get better for you.

Last edited by m378; 12-12-2020 at 05:22 PM..

Old 12-12-2020, 04:26 PM

450 posts, read 1,347,689 times
For whatever reason it seems posters are talking past each other. I understand both the stress on one side and the genuine questions on the other. The person who noted above that Duke Raleigh and REX are in different 'hospital regions' than the one shown for Wake County has the key though, if that's true. It would mean that WakeMed affiliate hospitals would be the only, or at least the only major, facilities in the CAPRAC region, and I can definitely see "Big Wake" having the large majority of those patients. If it is true, color coding the regions by county on the DHHS site is very confusing. Are ALL UNC - affiliated hospitals one region regardless of location? And all Duke facilities in their own region etc? If so, they should be named by hospital group, not geographically. I know there are Novant facilities all over the state - are they all in one "region"? Is there a list of specific hospitals included in each region's stats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary