Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2021, 08:45 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

I turned into the WakeMed entrance at at 9:50 and was out the same entrance at 10:20. Some of that was:

a. there was no method of actually timing me for 15 minutes of observation. I could have left earlier.
b. the people stopped in the middle of the parking lot, waiting for someone to exist their space so they wouldn't have to walk more than 50 feet.

However ... I believe they should be doing mass, 9-12 or 12-3 appointment, just register for that day online, if you miss registration, get on a waiting list. Mass vaccination 9 am to 3 pm, waiting list/cancellations from 3 until they run out of shots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 12:50 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Set up tents outside, the weather is nice now. No worries about enclosed buildings or anything. My wife has a heart condition and still cannot get a vaccine slot, she is on multiple waiting lists with various vendors; appointments are gone within minutes of any sort of notification. Why is there not one master list, ie covid19vac.nc.gov or something and the places administrating the vaccine pull from that one master list.

This is so disorganized. They spent more time figuring out how to be the ”most fair” (let's not even touch the fact felons are now preferred over law abiding folks) rather than coming up with an efficient way to put shots in arms. It would be funny if it wasn't true.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:02 PM

1,204 posts, read 778,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Set up tents outside, the weather is nice now. No worries about enclosed buildings or anything. My wife has a heart condition and still cannot get a vaccine slot, she is on multiple waiting lists with various vendors; appointments are gone within minutes of any sort of notification. Why is there not one master list, ie covid19vac.nc.gov or something and the places administrating the vaccine pull from that one master list.

This is so disorganized. They spent more time figuring out how to be the ”most fair” (let's not even touch the fact felons are now preferred over law abiding folks) rather than coming up with an efficient way to put shots in arms. It would be funny if it wasn't true.

Are you willing to drive? I already got mine via Duke, but my spouse checked the link below last week and got an appointment for this week (yesterday to be precise, already got the the shot). They had lots of slots available. If you are willing to drive outside of Triangle you can definitely get it.

Here is the link to Franklin county: https://www.franklincountync.us/aler...rmation-center Bookmark this link, wait until Friday at 4pm, login at 4pm sharp and schedule it. Just make sure you login at 4pm, the slots get scheduled quickly.

Another one is in Fayetville and then Johnson (or Johnston county) those two had lots of availability too. I'll post the link if I can find it.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:34 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,101 times
Quote:

Coming out of lurk mode to throw out what worked for me.

My wife is Phase 3 (Small Business owner/retail/essential worker) and I am Phase 4 (have smoked more than 100 cigarettes in my life; knew that nasty habit would pay off eventually ).

I put us on the wait list through Duke MyChart -> Didnt hear anything.

Was routinely checking Walgreens/CVS for openings - didn't see any.

Wife was at the shop on Saturday, I randomly checked Walgreens around 9am and they must have just released a bunch of slots to the public. Got us both in yesterday morning at Walgreens WF. Shot 1 down the hole. Both doses will be in WF (my buddy had to drive to Oxford for his 2nd shot; I have no idea where Oxford is).

My dad is 67, Heart Attack survivor, Type II Diabetes and he still hasn't got a spot in line (as of this AM) and he lives within 30 mins of Gillette Stadium which is pumping through shots. My FiL got his through the VA and MiL had to cross state lines to get hers (again up north) and my buddy out in LA figures it will be June before he gets his (he mentioned CA isn't even into Phase 2/3 yet, although I don't live there and don't really care to confirm). In short, seems disorganized everywhere to some degree.

I will say out of our group of friends who are getting vaccinated (my little slice of our neighborhood has a ton of people who aren't) my wife and I are the last two to get shot 1....and I don't hang out with anyone over the age of 50.

Hoping you and your wife can get a spot soon!

Old 03-24-2021, 01:36 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
Quote:

Go to Greensboro. It's further for you than me but they do have outside tents. Harder to get an appointment at them than the indoor, but worth it, very easy.

https://www.guilfordcountync.gov/how-do-i/gso-mass-vax

Old 03-24-2021, 01:46 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,542,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Coming out of lurk mode to throw out what worked for me.

My wife is Phase 3 (Small Business owner/retail/essential worker) and I am Phase 4 (have smoked more than 100 cigarettes in my life; knew that nasty habit would pay off eventually ).

I put us on the wait list through Duke MyChart -> Didnt hear anything.

Was routinely checking Walgreens/CVS for openings - didn't see any.

Wife was at the shop on Saturday, I randomly checked Walgreens around 9am and they must have just released a bunch of slots to the public. Got us both in yesterday morning at Walgreens WF. Shot 1 down the hole. Both doses will be in WF (my buddy had to drive to Oxford for his 2nd shot; I have no idea where Oxford is).

My dad is 67, Heart Attack survivor, Type II Diabetes and he still hasn't got a spot in line (as of this AM) and he lives within 30 mins of Gillette Stadium which is pumping through shots. My FiL got his through the VA and MiL had to cross state lines to get hers (again up north) and my buddy out in LA figures it will be June before he gets his (he mentioned CA isn't even into Phase 2/3 yet, although I don't live there and don't really care to confirm). In short, seems disorganized everywhere to some degree.

I will say out of our group of friends who are getting vaccinated (my little slice of our neighborhood has a ton of people who aren't) my wife and I are the last two to get shot 1....and I don't hang out with anyone over the age of 50.

Hoping you and your wife can get a spot soon!
Welcome back, even if only temporarily. Missed your takes on things.

Old 03-24-2021, 01:53 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapdad00 View Post
Welcome back, even if only temporarily. Missed your takes on things.

OT: My eyes were going crossed from coding in AWS, needed a break and figured I'd see what you all lovely folks were up to.

Hope things are well!

Old 03-24-2021, 02:04 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Folks thanks for the help but honesty driving 1:30-2:00 each way plus wait time is not in the cards. She works full time.

Old 03-24-2021, 03:24 PM

1,228 posts, read 797,653 times
Like GVoR, I was cruising the Walgeens site at 9am on Saturday while the kids watched cartoons, and my wife was pulling a weekend shift at the hospital. There were literally hundreds of appointments. Got shot #1 on Monday at Walgreens a mile from my house, and am booked 28 days later there for #2. The Immunizing Pharmacist said they usually release new ones for the next week from 7-9am on Saturdays. They do fill up usually by mid-day she said. I had set up an account there the previous week. Make sure to update your address and gender in your profile, or it won’t book. Don’t use a tablet—their site will have problems with it.

Old 03-25-2021, 06:01 AM

781 posts, read 744,063 times
Quote:
Folks thanks for the help but honesty driving 1:30-2:00 each way plus wait time is not in the cards. She works full time.
They have weekend appointments at Greensboro, my spouse went last Saturday. Super organized and efficient!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary