Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2021, 06:13 AM

4,542 posts, read 3,741,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVAlicia View Post
That would be a change from how the numbers have been reported in NC all this time. The wording on the NCDHHS site seems to contradict itself here and there as to whether hospitalizations only count those admitted for Covid or anyone who happens to be there and pops a positive test.

In the end, 98% of a small number is still a small number (https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/media/380/open) so who cares if people aren't vaccinated? If you are, and you think the jab is so amazing, you're safe. Just think of me as part of the Control Group in this very large ongoing experiment.
Did I say anything about how the NC DHHS reports numbers? These are numbers I personally checked on myself on the COVID-19 floors, vaccine status and reported them here. The NC DHHS can report however they want. I'm reporting to the community here what I see on the COVID-19 ICU and gen med floors since I am actually here.

You think the 98% is a small number? Okay, well keep believing your delusion - I guess that's why it's called a delusion. 98% of the ADMITTED COVID-19 patients who are sick enough to be admitted for respiratory reasons have NOT gotten the vaccine.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2021, 07:33 AM

1,462 posts, read 657,996 times
Just wanted to let the anti vaxers know that I've got them covered. (pun intended) You can now get masks at a greatly reduced price at the GAP. (they are 3 ply with a pocket for a filter) Since you've been wearing them for longer than us vaccinated folks you must be ready for some new ones. (to protect the young, sick, healthcare workers etc etc) What's that you say? Not sure if the fibers give you cancer. Nope, I've got you covered there, too. 100% cotton.

Old 07-15-2021, 07:54 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Just wanted to let the anti vaxers know that I've got them covered. (pun intended) You can now get masks at a greatly reduced price at the GAP. (they are 3 ply with a pocket for a filter) Since you've been wearing them for longer than us vaccinated folks you must be ready for some new ones. (to protect the young, sick, healthcare workers etc etc) What's that you say? Not sure if the fibers give you cancer. Nope, I've got you covered there, too. 100% cotton.
Yes and you can order 3M 9205+ Aura N95 Particulate Respirators online now for a very affordable price. Thanks for wearing them and looking out for the most vulnerable, anti vaxers!

Old 07-15-2021, 09:08 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,960,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Well, at least the anti vaxers are still wearing masks to protect children and those with compromised immune systems. We are on an honor system you know.
We are back in Chapel Hill after vacationing in eastern Utah, western CO and SW Missouri. Pretty clear that the number of people wearing masks in a given location is inversely proportional to the % vaccinated.

It comes down to there being one group of people that look out for fellow human beings, and another group of self centered jerks that don't give a crap about anyone other than themselves.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:07 PM

598 posts, read 332,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toot68 View Post
It comes down to there being one group of people that look out for fellow human beings, and another group of self centered jerks that don't give a crap about anyone other than themselves.
I think there's a bit of "cull the herd" mentality still at play here, although they may not admit it. Some of these same people were preaching about herd immunity being the only way through this early on. Forget that now we actually have vaccines that would help us reach herd immunity without killing so many people in the process.

Old 07-15-2021, 05:32 PM

4,542 posts, read 3,741,311 times
Just got back from work today - 7.27pm.

Last week, our COVID-19 census was around 6-8, basically less than 10. Just now, it is 32. I guess the good thing is that 6/32 are in the ICU, the rest are on the general medical floor.

But in the ED CURRENTLY, there are 18 COVID+ patients in the Emergency room who all need admission due to low oxygen saturation rates.

Guess what? None of these patients got the vaccine.

AGAIN - THANKS to you guys who are afraid of the vaccine or think the government is behind this. Good job. Thanks a lot to you having nurses, doctors, social workers and all support staff be exposed to your stupidity.

Last edited by Universe93B; 07-15-2021 at 06:09 PM..

Old 07-15-2021, 07:50 PM

1,228 posts, read 796,359 times
Darwin has entered the chat…. Fortunately PPE is plentiful, and vaccines are free and readily available.

Old 07-16-2021, 12:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
It's a personal health care choice decision and nobody else's business or right to judge others whether they choose to get vaccinated or not. How about developing safer vaccines with full transparency disclosure about what's in them and then maybe the participation rates will be much higher. At the moment there is much to distrust regarding the current vaccines.

Every one cares about the ingredients in the food they eat but no one should care about what's in the COVID vaccines being injected into their bodies....??
It’s only a personal choice with an airborne disease if the unvaccinated stay away from everyone else.

Old 07-16-2021, 06:35 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,960,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It’s only a personal choice with an airborne disease if the unvaccinated stay away from everyone else.
Not getting vaccinated is a personal choice like getting drunk is a personal choice. Not the best thing for you but it is your body.

Not getting vaccinated, and then going out to restaurants, church or out in public in general without wearing an N95 mask and limiting your exposure to other people is like drunk driving. You are putting other people at risk with your personal choice.

Old 07-16-2021, 10:43 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I believe he was referring to the dearth of pro-life folks whose actions seem incompatible with actually preserving life. But, that’s just a guess.
definitely a guess, though I see Hatch says you were correct. Did you mean "dearth" (lack of) or "multitude"?

The way I read it was "anti-vax = pro-lifers" or "Mississippi anti-vax = pro-lifers". Or that somehow those groups were responsible for the kids getting sick.

Last I've seen, we still have no idea the demographic background of those children.

I did see this morning that in NC, in general, the difference between R's and D's getting vaxxed is just 4% (40-44, so a 10% net difference).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary