Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2020, 05:27 PM

1,462 posts, read 659,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
Pot meet kettle.
You are so right. I did exactly the same thing as I was ignorant in not educating myself about not playing moderator. I think you were the one who rightly said I should report my problem with the status line to the moderator. I have kept that excellent advice in mind and will continue to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 05:28 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
there's a road not worth going down.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:48 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
Antimasker I know has COVID and I think is still an antimasker

Old 09-22-2020, 05:50 PM

btw, on the question about PPE ...

NC has a 1,300 day supply of N95 masks (11.1MM), with 7MM more ordered. We could stock a year's supply and give every single person in NC a mask.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:52 PM

826 posts, read 244,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
Within an hour of Wake County (Durham and Wilson) 2 children under 17 have died from gunshot in the last 30 days. Are their deaths more, less, or equally as tragic?

Should we take measures more, less, or equal to COVID to try and end these deaths?
Point made beautifully. As unfortunate as it is, young people can die of many things. We don't change the world over those things. The flu kills many more children than Covid does. Not adults, just children. That's just a fact. We never consider keeping schools closed for the flu to protect children, so people claiming we should close schools to protect kids from Covid really don't know the data at all. They are going on fear and fear alone.

Flu is much more deadly than Covid for children

Old 09-22-2020, 06:21 PM

I think the "issue" isn't even the kids catching Covid.

It's "going home and giving it to grandparents/compromised cohabitants" without any # attached.

It's "teachers that are high risk" without any # attached.

There's "insurmountable problems" without any evidence why they're insurmountable.

My child takes 4 classes/semester; I think in another topic we've decided this is common in NC/the Triangle.

Where were the required surveys (like the numerous F&R lunch notices I got) to ask if you had an issue?

If my child takes 3 classes live and 1 virtually, is that superior to 100% online academy?

Old 09-22-2020, 06:25 PM

3,731 posts, read 2,058,101 times
Quote:

It's "going home and giving it to grandparents/compromised cohabitants" without any # attached.

There's "insurmountable problems" without any evidence why they're insurmountable.

My child takes 4 classes/semester; I think in another topic we've decided this is common in NC/the Triangle.

Where were the required surveys (like the numerous F&R lunch notices I got) to ask if you had an issue?

If my child takes 3 classes live and 1 virtually, is that superior to 100% online academy?
Not to steal from your larger points Bo, but we got a survey last week that I think had to do with “Hows it going with virtual? What’s your appetite for going back in person?â€

I was in the process of filling it out when my wife said “dont bother, I already lit Em upâ€

Old 09-22-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:

I think at this point everyone is fully educated on the risk of spreading Covid and how best to avoid it. If parents are letting their kids come home and then visit granny, the problem is with the parents and their children. If granny is still with it, she needs to also speak up and say put your mask on and keep a good distance away.

Old 09-22-2020, 06:30 PM

945 kids/year die from drowning in the US. Nearly half are 0-4 years old. Certainly those deaths are tragic and preventable. Who doesn't remember the story of skier Bodie Miller?

According to the stats I see (CDC) there have been 64 deaths 0-14 years old. That's in ~ 6 months. Let's even triple that number. 192 deaths from Covid vs 945 from drowning = 5x the number

Old 09-22-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
945 kids/year die from drowning in the US. Nearly half are 0-4 years old. Certainly those deaths are tragic and preventable. Who doesn't remember the story of skier Bodie Miller?

According to the stats I see (CDC) there have been 64 deaths 0-14 years old. That's in ~ 6 months. Let's even triple that number. 192 deaths from Covid vs 945 from drowning = 5x the number
Time to keep pools and beaches closed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary