Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 05:55 AM

22,666 posts, read 36,779,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
The level of worship Wegmans receives persuades me to stick with my original terminology.
Well played Nick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2020, 12:46 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,596,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
I don't even know. You people are making me get excited about grocery stores. Never cared about these things -- and now can't wait for it to open in Chapel Hill. If it's anything like Central Market in Austin - I will be down.
Not quite the same as Central Market. In my opinion, CM has the edge on imported goods and higher end goods. CM also offers cooking classes and such, don't think Wegman's offers anything like that. Wegman's has more of the prepared ready to eat foods but CM's prepared foods are higher end. If that makes sense.

Old 10-24-2020, 06:09 AM

1,326 posts, read 724,126 times
When I drove by yesterday, I saw the Market Cafe and Wegmans signs up already, and this morning I heard an ad that said "early 2021." No mention of spring now which says to me January or February.

Old 10-24-2020, 06:18 AM

2,443 posts, read 2,868,283 times
Does Wegman's have a good assortment of vegan products? And quick dinners like Trader Joe's? I shop a lot at TJ's and Whole Foods now, since they are so close to my house, but that won't be the case once we move to Wake Forest. I dread braving the Raleigh traffic to get to those stores. We get most of our produce at Lidl, and that will be insanely convenient to us.

Old 10-24-2020, 09:19 AM

40 posts, read 50,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Does Wegman's have a good assortment of vegan products? And quick dinners like Trader Joe's? I shop a lot at TJ's and Whole Foods now, since they are so close to my house, but that won't be the case once we move to Wake Forest. I dread braving the Raleigh traffic to get to those stores. We get most of our produce at Lidl, and that will be insanely convenient to us.

Wegmans has a great variety of quick dinners. SOOO much better quality than Trader Joes. There house brand items are very, very good!

IMHO, Wegmans is a combination of the best of TJs and Whole Foods.

Old 10-24-2020, 11:31 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,586,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Selection of products is probably the least of your concerns at Wegman's. They've got a good variety of everything unless it's something super specialized or exotic that you can only find at an international grocer. There's a whole aisle of gluten free items and I have purchased plenty of vegan products there as well.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:13 AM

Got a pre-packaged dinner at wegmans last night and came away seriously underwhelmed. Tasted very processed. Gave half to the dog. I’ll give them one more chance but they’re way pricier than Harris Teeter and Publix when it comes to the prepared foods.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:20 AM

6,374 posts, read 5,489,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Selection of products is probably the least of your concerns at Wegman's. They've got a good variety of everything unless it's something super specialized or exotic that you can only find at an international grocer. There's a whole aisle of gluten free items and I have purchased plenty of vegan products there as well.
The selection at Wegmans in Cary was overwhelming; and I don't use that term lightly.

I've been to Wegmans up north plenty of times as a kid visiting relatives and the stores there are more like a HT is here. Very clean with good selection and overall "pleasant" environment, main "go-to" grocery store for most people with a decent selection....but not an "ooo...aaah" spectacle with a maze-like layout leading to more specialty/artisan sections than one can keep track.

I believe the Chapel Hill Wegmans is supposed to be smaller than the Raleigh and Cary ones; sounds like it will be more in-tune with the "your neighborhood grocery store" vibe they have in "the motherland". Maybe I'll enjoy that one more.

$19.99/lb for farm-raised salmon though? GTFO of here with that Wegmans.

Old 10-25-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
T

$15 for a container of store baked Nestle Toll House cookies. Nice work if you can get it!

Old 10-25-2020, 09:45 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,476,920 times
Quote:
The selection at Wegmans in Cary was overwhelming; and I don't use that term lightly.

I've been to Wegmans up north plenty of times as a kid visiting relatives and the stores there are more like a HT is here. Very clean with good selection and overall "pleasant" environment, main "go-to" grocery store for most people with a decent selection....but not an "ooo...aaah" spectacle with a maze-like layout leading to more specialty/artisan sections than one can keep track.

I believe the Chapel Hill Wegmans is supposed to be smaller than the Raleigh and Cary ones; sounds like it will be more in-tune with the "your neighborhood grocery store" vibe they have in "the motherland". Maybe I'll enjoy that one more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
$15 for a container of store baked Nestle Toll House cookies. Nice work if you can get it!
Or $40 for a pound of bulk tea.

Some things are best left on the shelf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary