Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 11:25 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Voting so early always concerns me. Especially before the debates.

And, let's remember 2016: The infamous Access Hollywood Billy Bush tape came out on October 16th, 2016. Election day was November 8th. Wonder how many early voters wanted to recast their vote? (Rhetorical question ONLY.)
I can't think of a plausible situation that would compel me to change vote for president or senate. Maybe downballot, but it's unlikely.

I will say though that I might have changed my primary vote if I'd waited another week. I didn't vote for Joe in the primary because I thought he'd been about ready to pack it in, and feel a little guilty (right after that he got serious momentum)

Old 09-28-2020, 11:26 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVoR View Post
Satan himself could come up out of the ground on the morning of November 3rd and say “Ya...I did a bunch of blow with Joe off the back sides of prostitutes while swearing on the graves of his infant daughter and first wife” and it wouldn’t change my vote.

And I say this as someone who ranked Joe Biden as my 6th preference during the primary.

Yep!

Old 09-28-2020, 11:27 AM

3,731 posts, read 2,053,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I personally am planning on early voting.

I understand there are some people who legitimately need to vote by mail but there are just so many potential reasons for an absentee ballot to be thrown out and not counted that it's not worth it.

(Side note: I feel sometimes the Democrats sabotage themselves because they don't know when to take a stand vs. when to just play the political game)
Yup the "naked ballot" issue in PA, that apparently a fair amount of PA's own citizens didn't know about, is a top of mind example.

Then you factor in the reject rate seen during the Primaries in various states (NY rejected something like a quarter of the absentee ballots for its primary, KY is high as well).

This will be the first election in my life where my vote will actually matter (MA has voted R in the EC twice in a hundred years) and as such I'm not going to open myself up to not checking some arbitrary box and having my vote not recorded.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post

Yep!

To steal the line from the "Waiter in the 2020 Election" video that went viral over the weekend....

"Hi, we only have two items in stock right now. One is rat poison. The other is a tuna melt. What can I get you?"

Old 09-28-2020, 11:34 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,068,264 times
Quote:
To steal the line from the "Waiter in the 2020 Election" video that went viral over the weekend....

"Hi, we only have two items in stock right now. One is rat poison. The other is a tuna melt. What can I get you?"
From my view, it feels like the items in stock right now are rat poison or ricin. I’d gladly settle for a dry piece of toast.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
From my view, it feels like the items in stock right now are rat poison or ricin. I’d gladly settle for a dry piece of toast.

And that is a fine take as well. This is America. We don't have to agree. (Ole Joe was my "dry piece of toast" option)

Old 09-28-2020, 11:37 AM

1,462 posts, read 657,996 times
Not to insult any Pa people on citydata as they are some of my favorite posters but Pa. is an unusual NE state. I remember someone who lived there saying you have Philly in the East and Pittsburgh in the West. Anything in between is Alabama.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Not to insult any Pa people on citydata as they are some of my favorite posters but Pa. is an unusual NE state. I remember someone who lived there saying you have Philly in the East and Pittsburgh in the West. Anything in between is Alabama.

A good friend of mine is from the Pittsburg area and describes it similarly.

"They don't call it Pennsyltuckey for nothing!"

Old 09-28-2020, 11:55 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Satan himself could come up out of the ground on the morning of November 3rd and say “Ya...I did a bunch of blow with Joe off the back sides of prostitutes while swearing on the graves of his infant daughter and first wife” and it wouldn’t change my vote.

And I say this as someone who ranked Joe Biden as my 6th preference during the primary.
It's been a long time since anything on CD has made me literally laugh out loud!

(and ITA!)

And even if we had a scenario like "The West Wing" and Joe or Kamala croaked on election day, I'd still vote for them.

Old 09-28-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's been a long time since anything on CD has made me literally laugh out loud!

(and ITA!)

And even if we had a scenario like "The West Wing" and Joe or Kamala croaked on election day, I'd still vote for them.
I’m happy I could bring a smile and a good belly laugh to your day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary