Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 02:00 PM

6,808 posts, read 9,013,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
We'll be having the seasoned turkey from Costco.

This year we'll probably be able to get by with just one - as it will only be four of us.
Do you pick up from Costco and cook at home? About how much is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 02:56 PM

1,204 posts, read 769,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Careful. I thought BBQ was only for pork. You could be violating the law here!
Haha. Pork isn't my fav. I like beef and I really actually like smoked turkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_NC View Post
We had a smoked turkey from Big Al’s BBQ last Thanksgiving. It was delicious!
I'll check it out. Thanks for the info!

Old 10-06-2020, 06:18 PM

270 posts, read 378,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighSentinel View Post
We’ve done Fresh Market for several years. I get a great freshly made Turducken roll (turkey, stuffing, andouille sausage, duck, stuffing, then chicken ) that I then cook in the oven, plus their pre- made herb stuffing and gravy. A generic canned cranberry (I’m the only one that eats it). Usually do fresh broccoli and carrots from the garden, but pick up a pumpkin or sweet potato pie for dessert (w/ whipped cream and/or ice cream). Feeds 4-6 easily with leftovers. And wine...plenty of wine.
Interesting that you get everything except their cranberry! I used to go there specifically to get their cranberry relish but now I have allergic reactions to walnuts now. It's sooo good, try it!

Old 10-06-2020, 06:32 PM

805 posts, read 521,001 times
Good thread. Sad to think of spending Thanksgiving away from beloved family. I may make the family favorite sides and order a cooked turkey from a local venue. I’ll buy desserts from La Farm.

Old 10-06-2020, 08:42 PM

1,227 posts, read 791,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabster View Post
Interesting that you get everything except their cranberry! I used to go there specifically to get their cranberry relish but now I have allergic reactions to walnuts now. It's sooo good, try it!
Nut allergies in the house, so we’ve had to make some changes. I miss Pecan pie too.

Old 10-07-2020, 07:20 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,060,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
I am glad this thread was started so I don't get sidetracked in planning ahead for this.

I mentioned in another thread about going to the beach in FL for a small amount of friends and family in place of heading back home for a larger group of family and friends, but that's looking more like a Christmas thing at this point.

We have spent a couple Thanksgivings here and not with family before, once at the now Seasons 52, I forget the other but I remember Angus Barn being booked out many months in advance. By then it will be too cold for outdoors and there will be even more competition for safe indoor dining.

One recurring deterrent has been the traditional mass travel at this time, wonder what it will be like this year. Thinking maybe a trip to Asheville would make for some festive atmosphere.
We’ll be making the drive that way for our typical family Thanksgiving. It’s not a huge gathering (15-20 people) and no one is in an accelerated-risk bracket. We’ve been diligent with wearing masks and social distancing, but this is worth the measured risk for us. I’m paying attention to the virus, not taking any abject risks, but we also aren’t canceling major holiday events.

Old 10-07-2020, 07:36 AM

3,317 posts, read 2,314,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Do you pick up from Costco and cook at home? About how much is it?
Yes.

About $30 per turkey.

Old 10-07-2020, 10:53 AM

270 posts, read 378,383 times
We may just buy Costco's turkey breast this year. It's easy and tastes good

Old 10-07-2020, 04:53 PM

8,158 posts, read 10,887,125 times
Passing on Thanksgiving this year.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:33 PM

6,808 posts, read 9,013,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Passing on Thanksgiving this year.
Not even at home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary