Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 06:01 PM

3 posts, read 1,598 times

Advertisements

My wife and I love the Hasentree houses and sense of community but are struggling to understand the schools nearby. We have a daugther age 4 who attends JK at a small private school in California that is only 2 miles from our house. She is very creative and loves being outdoors. She does best by learning through play. We have an opportunity to move to the RTP area and are reaching out for help because schools are very important and your local experience can hopefully help us better understand the schools nearby Hasentree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 06:06 PM

22,632 posts, read 36,582,375 times
What are you struggling with? You can go to www.wcpss.net and see what schools your house is assigned to. You do need to understand there's a possibility of being reassigned at some point (don't let anyone tell you reassignments only happen in West Cary....it's not true).

Old 10-24-2020, 06:14 PM

We are struggling to understand the level of education offered by the local public school vs private school. Local school is closer by and private school (ravenscroft) is much further. Where do most Hasentree kids go to school?

Old 10-24-2020, 10:16 PM

19,383 posts, read 27,635,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchWarner View Post
We are struggling to understand the level of education offered by the local public school vs private school. Local school is closer by and private school (ravenscroft) is much further. Where do most Hasentree kids go to school?
I know that your realtor has extreme limitations on answering questions on the "quality" of schools; but I'm certain they you what the school d I strict is for Hasentree.

Oh wait! You're not using a realtor to represent, educate and protect you, righht? You're just trusting the builder's rep?

Hasentree is a Toll Brothers development, yes? We bought new construction from Toll in 2013 and are VERY happy with our purchase. BUT the sales agent in the model home was a scank and a liar.

You need your own realtor.

Old 10-24-2020, 10:43 PM

How can anyone quantify that for you? How many people here do you think have experience with the public schools you’re zoned for AND Ravenscroft? Personally if I could drop $20k plus on private school over WCPSS I woukd do it in a heartbeat (having had a child who went to private HS). You buy your way out of a lot of BS.

Old 10-25-2020, 05:51 AM

129 posts, read 114,265 times
I have several friends in Hasentree, one of my dearest friends sold a couple months ago and built in Avalaire. I used to live in the Falls Lake area. The hard part of 98 is the commute times and there are no alternate routes due to the lakes. Most of the families I know there were at our same Catholic school K-8. As the kids have gone on to high school some have moved to get closer to "life" and others are a part of large carpools to get to Gibbons. I have 3 other friends in neighborhoods off 98 that have also moved due to increasing traffic and getting closer to next phase of life. In all these cases they were not doing the publics, so that would change if you did and your kids are young so you have time. I have a couple friends at Ravenscroft and they are happy. There's a new charter school opening next fall called Wake Prep Academy, K-12. Good luck, it's a beautiful area if you do land there. We spent many weekends walking around Blue Jay Pointe park.

Last edited by art322; 10-25-2020 at 06:33 AM..

Old 10-25-2020, 07:00 AM

2,440 posts, read 2,847,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
How can anyone quantify that for you? How many people here do you think have experience with the public schools you’re zoned for AND Ravenscroft? Personally if I could drop $20k plus on private school over WCPSS I woukd do it in a heartbeat (having had a child who went to private HS). You buy your way out of a lot of BS.
We did homeschooling in HS for my youngest. Worked a lot better!

OP you can go to the schools'website to get info on test scores, and research sites like Great Schools for other info.

Old 10-25-2020, 10:24 AM

There are 3 highly rated charter schools within 15 mins of Hasentree. Franklin, Endeavor and Wake Forecast Charter. Are they good options?

Old 10-25-2020, 10:27 AM
rfb

2,593 posts, read 6,331,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchWarner View Post
Wake County has a county-wide school district. Most of the schools within this district are good and your daughter will get a good education from them. Hasentree is assigned to Brassfield Elementary, Wakefield Middle, and Wakefield High.

Ravenscroft is one of the better private schools in the area. I have several neighbors who have children who attend and they are extremely happy with the school.

Old 10-25-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
We did homeschooling in HS for my youngest. Worked a lot better!

OP you can go to the schools'website to get info on test scores, and research sites like Great Schools for other info.
We're all homeschooling now if our high schoolers go to public school. Private schools are open with no issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary