Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 07:59 AM

386 posts, read 436,072 times

Advertisements

I voted today because I knew with the early turnout that my precinct would be lighter. I walked in at 8:35 today and was out by 8:45.

No lines or waiting whatsoever.

I support early voting for this reason. I'll probably never do it, but I am thrilled that others prefer to vote early because it makes my Election Tuesday way easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2020, 08:09 AM

81 posts, read 86,576 times
I'm voting today because I feel Election Day is for voting -- and because I was too lazy to vote early. Don't beat yourself up, go vote!

Old 11-03-2020, 08:09 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,586,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
... voting by mail. ... Board of elections tells you when your ballot has been received and validated. I will continue to vote this way.
+1 on this. Did it, liked it, will do it again. {Not a TWSS joke!}

Old 11-03-2020, 08:27 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,319,644 times
Someone asked why early vote? It's always the safer choice. If it's during the Early Voting period and you go out to eat and plan to vote the next day, but wake up with food poisoning and running to the bathroom every 15 minutes, that sucks, but you didn't lose your chance to vote because you can just do it later. There is no do it later if you wait until Election Day. If you get food poisoning, or in a car accident on the way to the polls, or your house catches on fire, or your child or parent is sick, etc, etc on Election Day, you may just not be able to vote. I have voted on Election Day many times, but I definitely voted early this year. Didn't want to chance it.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:50 AM

242 posts, read 150,154 times
Never have I waited more than 5-10 mins voting on election day here in Cary. With so many early voters, I suspected today would be as easy as ever.... and it was.

Walked in around 10am this morning, no line, voted, and went home.

I see some of the pictures of the crazy lines in the NE and Mid-West and have never had that experience here.

If NC is doing one thing right (at least here where I am in Cary/Wake), it is making voting super painless. Now, if I can just get all the campaign workers to stop texting and calling me!

Old 11-03-2020, 09:55 AM

1,326 posts, read 722,570 times
I did it!!! Rolled in to the new place here in Chapel Hill around 10:30 and it was easy peasy. Plenty of parking. Nice people up front with sample ballot and candy. Waited all of one minute for the one person checking in in front of me.

The most eventful part was the poll worker at the desk next to mine when I was checking in sneezed...into his hand...and then kept handing things to the person voting.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:49 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,430,946 times
I dislike voting in person. I think most just vote by party but I like to look at each candidate and see what they represent. 70% of the time I favor folks with a previous business background and will tend to shy away from those who have only spent their careers in government regardless of party.

We used to make a list of people to vote for but now with the ballot in hand can go step by step and just drop it off at an early voting station.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:50 AM

598 posts, read 332,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
The most eventful part was the poll worker at the desk next to mine when I was checking in sneezed...into his hand...and then kept handing things to the person voting.
Oy. Old habits die hard. Was he wearing a mask and still sneezed into his hand?
Congrats on voting. We didn't get candy at my early voting location.

I voted early because I have a paranoia that something could happen either to me or in the world that would prevent me from getting to the polling place on election day. I'm grateful that NC made it so easy for people to vote early in person, because that isn't the case in many states. Glad today has been smooth so far.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:02 AM

5,870 posts, read 6,938,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I think most just vote by party but I like to look at each candidate and see what they represent.
Not that I was planning to vote that way (or have ever done so), I was surprised there was not an option on the ballet to vote Straight Party. Now that I think about it, wasn't there a lawsuit or something a few years ago that said that was illegal?

Old 11-03-2020, 11:09 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,430,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Not that I was planning to vote that way (or have ever done so), I was surprised there was not an option on the ballet to vote Straight Party. Now that I think about it, wasn't there a lawsuit or something a few years ago that said that was illegal?
Not sure about the lawsuit, but have wondered the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary