Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 07:09 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times

Advertisements

Happy 2021, all!

I did search the forum first.

The easy peasy root canal I got last month was too good to be true, can't get in to see the endodontist until the 8th (they are closed for two weeks) and I don't think I'm going to be able to hold out until then.

Forum searches revealed advice to go to the ER, which of course I don't want to do with COVID.

I guess I'll call the dental school if I have to but I should ask here for an emergency dentist in case it's needed...CH or Durham would be better but good and will fix this is best.

Thanks! Hoping to hold out until the 8th but now I think there's swelling.

yay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 07:13 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Have you called the endodontist's number, or just know they are closed?

No emergency support there?

Old 01-01-2021, 07:15 AM

773 posts, read 645,134 times
I'm surprised your regular endodontist doesn't have some sort of coverage or referral in place while they are closed. Is there any way to contact them to ask? (apologies if you've already done so)

Old 01-01-2021, 07:21 AM

I called a week or so ago and there is a way to call her personal cell, but I'm hoping not to do that until I'm really in major agony.

They are closed until the 6th and were able to get me an appointment on the 8th...when I called for that it wasn't nearly as bad as it is today. :-/

I was just hoping there's a practice that operates off hours as a matter of course, much like a regular urgent care. If not and it gets worse I guess I'll call her cell (hopefully not on New Year's Day)...

Old 01-01-2021, 07:24 AM

This has been a dental journey that has involved a crown potentially for no reason, a failed root canal and will probably result in an extraction, but hey at least it's a new year for dental insurance...unless it's not and they go by max amount within 12 months instead of calendar year (I can find that out by looking online, but I refuse to do it today!)

Old 01-01-2021, 07:24 AM

Call her personal cell phone. That is why you have it.

I had a root canal go bad one time, and thank goodness, it was mid-week. It was agony.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:29 AM

Thanks. I'm going to hold out today...but I guess I will probably have to call tomorrow. I don't think there's any way around it. We already tried antibiotics. I was annoyed that when I called it seemed like the receptionist thought I was a pain med seeker, sigh. Nope, just didn't want it to get worse...and then it did

Sorry you had that happen to you!

Old 01-01-2021, 07:37 AM

Ah, well. They told me her personal cell is on the office line recording, but unfortunately that is not true. Just a message to leave a message.

So if anyone knows of an emergency dentist please advise...

...and I think I take back my earlier praise of this office

Old 01-01-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM posts View Post
Thanks. I'm going to hold out today...but I guess I will probably have to call tomorrow. I don't think there's any way around it. We already tried antibiotics. I was annoyed that when I called it seemed like the receptionist thought I was a pain med seeker, sigh. Nope, just didn't want it to get worse...and then it did

Sorry you had that happen to you!
It was a long time ago. Face blew up to where I was squinting out of my right eye.
That one is gone, and an implant in place. Courtesy of a good Cary endo guy, but there is nothing like your own teeth.

Good luck with it!

Old 01-01-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
It was a long time ago. Face blew up to where I was squinting out of my right eye.
That one is gone, and an implant in place. Courtesy of a good Cary endo guy, but there is nothing like your own teeth.

Good luck with it!
Thanks! I think that's what'll end up happening with mine.

Edit: found her cell number in an email so that's encouraging

Last edited by NM posts; 01-01-2021 at 07:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary