Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2024, 05:13 PM

842 posts, read 2,587,046 times

Advertisements

Guys,

My daughter has been accepted to The University of Maryland, College Park Maryland but not familiar with the area. She will need to get an apartment very close to campus or one in a very safe neighborhood close by. Is there anyone familiar with the immediate and surrounding area that can give us some advice because I do not think they have on campus housing for Grad students as that may be reserved for Undergraduates.

I am a very concerned dad that would like to know that his daughter is safe especially not knowing the area etc. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2024, 05:18 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,594,046 times
I think you posted in the wrong forum. This is the Raleigh North Carolina forum. You were probably wanting to post in the Washington DC suburbs in Maryland forum

https://www.city-data.com/forum/wash...urbs-maryland/

Old 04-03-2024, 11:53 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Join the U of MD Facebook page, if it's anything like my kids' schools it's going to be a good place to get info like this.

Old 04-04-2024, 09:48 AM

2,503 posts, read 3,537,677 times
Congratulations! You're correct, grad students don't get on-campus housing. There's a housing shortage in the immediate vicinity (and most of the area immediately around campus is dominated by undergrads), so many students live a bit further from campus and use the university shuttle buses (or regional transit) to get to campus.

The College Park subform here is quite active, and so is the UMD subreddit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary