Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 11:23 AM

718 posts, read 2,972,993 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a exterior house painting company? Also do you think I would get better prices if I waited until winter? Do you recommend spray or brush painting and why? I know its probably more money to brush paint, but does it last that much longer? Thanks for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 12:23 PM

997 posts, read 4,644,586 times
We live in Cary and had our home painted by Prep Rite last summer. They did an excellent job. Pricey but worth it. They charged the same for both spray and brush.

I had them spray. I personally think it looks better and lasts. More consistent and uniform looking. No drip marks or inconsistencies. Our first home was brushed and did not look as nice and didn't last very long. Our second home was sprayed with the same exact paint and looked better and lasted longer. Same type of siding as well. This time I had them spray based on my first two experiences and have not regretted it at all.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:30 AM

473 posts, read 1,517,691 times
I used Clay Martin. I think it's claymartinconstruction.com. Good work at a really reasonable price - I was surprised AND very satisfied!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:22 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
I use Steve with The Paint Company.

I prefer to have the house BRUSHED. Steve uses 2 coats of paint on the house and 1 or 2 on the trim, depending on what it needs.

I think when its brushed, you get more paint on the house. Personal preference, I guess.

Make sure the company you use has some type of mildew stuff in the paint. I've always wondered why some people that have white trim always seems to be dirty...its mildew. When I asked my painter about it, he said its because they didn't use the mildew stuff that you use in this area. I learn something new every day!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary