Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 09:33 PM

873 posts, read 1,017,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Well you bolded my entire post, so I really didn't know what you were going for there (thought it was some sort of mistype).

Yes, I really believe the DNC funded the (false) research against their competition and I really do think that info was handed to the FBI which was used as the basis for FISA warrants to spy on the campaign. Why do I believe that? Because the DOJ stated it in their report:

https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf

You think this is some crazy luny theory but it's literally what happened - that should scare the crap out of everyone just like the assault on the Capitol.

Personally, I don't think anything is going to happen. The day will come and go without any major frenzies, but the talking heads will be drumming up "what if's" throughout the day to keep people watching. Clickbait at its best. Raleigh especially leans left - really no reason to come here and we really don't have much of a home grown extremist issue here.
Told you to stay on topic, and you respond by going off topic again as bolded above. Figures. By the way, the rest of us have noted how the DOJ has been in Trump's pocket during his entire administration, so citing that as source for your reasoning is a joke. Just knock it off, you're just losing credibility every time you talk about it.

Getting back again to the issue at hand that you finally addressed in your last paragraph, I sincerely hope that we have no incidents in Raleigh. The reason why the situation exists now, as I said before and noted at the start of this topic, is that government agencies have cited credible threats have been discovered for all state capitals. It's public safety in the wake of a domestic terrorist attack in Washington, D.C. If we hopefully don't have any "major frenzies," as you put it, then that's good news. Sorry if it seems like "clickbait" to you. I agree that Raleigh leans left, but there have been right-wing extremists involved in the D.C. attack from North Carolina, and to say "we really don't have much of a home grown extremist issue here" is as accurate as your continued misbelief about Democrats and the 2016 election. Just give it all a rest, dude.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:23 PM

6,654 posts, read 5,590,752 times
Quote:
Maybe. But Raleigh? There is bigger fish to fry four hours north.
If people are causing trouble in Raleigh this week, they're either unhinged or just plain moronic because North Carolina's electoral votes went to Trump.......

Old 01-17-2021, 11:53 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,542,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
If people are causing trouble in Raleigh this week, they're either unhinged or just plain moronic because North Carolina's electoral votes went to Trump.......
You beat me to it. This x1000. Unless they think someone is protesting Cooper's re-election (don't know why - unless as you said unhinged or moronic).

Old 01-18-2021, 07:23 AM

426 posts, read 223,733 times
Quote:
Well you bolded my entire post, so I really didn't know what you were going for there (thought it was some sort of mistype).

Yes, I really believe the DNC funded the (false) research against their competition and I really do think that info was handed to the FBI which was used as the basis for FISA warrants to spy on the campaign. Why do I believe that? Because the DOJ stated it in their report:

https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf
So much regulatory capture had occurred at the DOJ (and elsewhere) by the time that report was produced that it shouldn’t be viewed as anything other than what it was: a propaganda piece not grounded in reality.

Old 01-18-2021, 08:29 AM

4,168 posts, read 4,879,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmoe571 View Post
And I'm saying it's a lie you believe in. The parts of I've bolded just indicate how wrong you are.

Just stop with the "whataboutism." The issue here is about fears issued by our government agencies that domestic terrorists with the false belief that the presidential election was stolen may retaliate in state capital cities including Raleigh. If you don't have anything to say to stay on this topic, then don't say anything. It'll help improve the conversation for us all.
That is YOUR opinion. Other CD posters have the same right to voice their opinion just as you do. Who are you to tell others not to say anything contrary to what YOU believe??

Old 01-18-2021, 08:59 AM

873 posts, read 1,017,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
That is YOUR opinion. Other CD posters have the same right to voice their opinion just as you do. Who are you to tell others not to say anything contrary to what YOU believe??
Posters have the right to voice their opinion, but I and others will call them out when they are making false statements and using "whataboutisms" to avoid the topic at hand, as is the case here. As I've said before, this post is discussing Raleigh taking precautions downtown in advance of Inauguration Day based on credible threats in the wake of the domestic terrorism in D.C. Jan. 6. So, please stay on topic.

Old 01-18-2021, 11:11 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Please remind me why people were rioting and looting during the spring/summer?
in Raleigh? No idea.

they got a little out of hand months before over a fleeing criminal being shot from behind by a cop, only to find out the next day the criminal whipped out a gun.

Old 01-18-2021, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Well, if the cops had treated the nuts in DC like BLM...100s would have been dead/gunned down...without a doubt!

Remind me again why they didn't shoot those terrorist? Oh....yea.
of the 19 or 25 or whatever - how many of those are attributed to cops killing people at BLM protests? I think the answer is none, but I'm sure you have the correct answer.

Old 01-18-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
I'm sure magistrates will still be operational.
maybe, maybe not. I corrected it from a judge (court date) to magistrate after googling the rules since I didn't dismiss the need for timely help.

Quote:
Courts will continue to operate in the Justice Center and the courthouse next Tuesday and Wednesday, but District Attorney Lorrin Freeman said that could change if the situation calls for it.

"Employees, when they see that the county is shutting down and other types of law enforcement alerts that are going out, that raises their anxiety," Freeman said.

Old 01-18-2021, 04:29 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,279,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
of the 19 or 25 or whatever - how many of those are attributed to cops killing people at BLM protests? I think the answer is none, but I'm sure you have the correct answer.
Better yet, how many cops did BLMs protestors kill? ..ok. Do you really believe cops didn't kill BLM protestors? This is America dude...you really need a reality check.

Again, if that had been a BLM mob trying overrun cops at the Capital Bldg...it would've been a massacre on TV. That is a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary