Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 10:48 AM

12 posts, read 35,973 times

Advertisements

Hi all -- there's been some mention of Bent Tree around here as a nice N Raleigh community. I wonder if anyone could elaborate about the quality of the homes and location. I'm also interested in whether the community's proximity to I-540 has affected house prices.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,356,657 times
Bent Tree is a nice neighborhood with a great location. Plenty of shopping nearby, and easy access to I-540. I have a co-workers who lives there and he is quite happy with his home.

As you mention, some of the homes back up to I-540. I don't know if this has affected the home prices, but since I-540 has been around for a number of years I suspect any adjustment to prices has already been made.

If you are thinking about buying, check out the home you are interested in at morning and evening rush hour traffic during mid-week from the spot closest to the highway and to Strickland Road to see if you can hear traffic and, if so, if it would bother you.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:44 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
I'm not positive, but I think there are some townhomes off of Lynn Road called Bent Tree. Is that what you're referring to? Sounds like there's also a subdivision by that name but I'm not familiar with that subdivision if you mean single family.

If you're talking about the Bent Tree townhomes, they haven't appreciated much at all in several years (like ten) and have some not so great areas surrounding the location. Really run-down looking condos and apartments right next door. There are some other choices close by that would be much better.

Are you talking about townhomes or single family?

Best,
toodie

Old 05-06-2008, 02:43 PM

12 posts, read 35,973 times
Thanks for the clarification -- I was referring to the subdivision with single-family homes

Old 05-06-2008, 05:14 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
I didn't read your post well enough because you did say something about I540, so my mistake!

That is an excellent location as long as your backyard doesn't back up to the highway or the sound of traffic is really annoying.

Best luck
toodie

Old 05-06-2008, 09:05 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Bent Tree in North Raleigh (houses, not townhouses) has a bit of a "status" to it. I'm not really sure why but one thing that makes it so desireable is the location, right off Strickland Road. The homes were well built, although now would need some updating. Values have increased. Its just one of those neighborhoods that appreciate well and people want to live there.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary